Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are the GM -- what do you do?
Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
@"Ponifan" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Purpleblooded" said:
There are other factors that make this even more introguing. If Sam is healthy, i still say he is our best chance for this season. if you acrivate Tesdy and keep Sam on the active roster, you are almost forced to expose Sloter to waivers. In that scenario, you could argue the Vikings are best served keeping Teddy in PUP, letting his contract toll, and going with Sam/Case/Sloter for the rest of the year. if you dont think Sam is going to be healthy/playong soon, you put Sam on IR so you can roll with Teddy/Case/Kyle and not be forced to waived Sloter or kill your roster by careying 4 QBs. 
IMO if Sam were healthy, he would already be playing.  After watching him vs the Bears, I don't think that is going to happen this year.  I bet Sam goes to IR.

I'm fairly certain that has been the plan for awhile now.
The only question then is why wait?  If they put him there next Wednesday to activate Teddy he won't be eligible to return until Week 17 correct?  I mean that's all fine and dandy if they are in the playoffs but what if week 17 is for a playoff spot and Teddy didn't respond well in his return?  I really thought once he started the injection routine it would have been wise to put him on IR to return week 14 or 15.  Better late than never but maybe short sighted.  I guess they want to be sure Teddy actually gets back on the field.

I would imagine that since they didn't know exactly how long Sam would be out they didn't want to shelf him until they were certain that they had at the very least another veteran to fill the backup role and possibly the starter.

Even if he comes back, Sam is an immobile pocket QB in an offense that requires the QB to move.  But he does one thing extraordinarily well:  sling the rock, with power and accuracy.

He's a solid back-up QB on this team, and I hope they don't IR him.  Given the importance of the position and the depth we have elsewhere, I'd be okay with carrying four QBs.

Sam's knee will only ever be so good. And the potential to have this same type of non-contact injury again is probably more likely than not. Makes it very difficult to commit to him long-term. 

I'm a Teddy supporter but guys.  Keenum is 6th in the league in QBR isn't he?  Why the F would you mess with whats working?  We're 6-2.  Some of you are talking 13-3 seasons as your predictions.  As Grandpa always said, "if it aint broke ddon't fix it"

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
I'm a Teddy supporter but guys.  Keenum is 6th in the league in QBR isn't he?  Why the F would you mess with whats working?  We're 6-2.  Some of you are talking 13-3 seasons as your predictions.  As Grandpa always said, "if it aint broke ddon't fix it"
Exactly, Keenum might not be wowing everyone with his play, but he IS playing well overall and we are winning.  Plus I don't remember Teddy ever completely blowing us away with his play either, and now he has to try to come back after 22 months of not playing in a real game.  A bird in the hand...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
If i'm the GM I want Coach doing whatever he can to win this season. I really think the QB situation will straighten itself out through events that occur on the field.  
This.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Exactly, Keenum might not be wowing everyone with his play, but he IS playing well overall and we are winning.  Plus I don't remember Teddy ever completely blowing us away with his play either, and now he has to try to come back after 22 months of not playing in a real game.  A bird in the hand...
Teddy didn't blow anyone away because he was a 2nd year QB in a run offense with no protection and few weapons. But I'm sure everyone, including Mike Zimmer, wants to see what that caliber of QB can do in this kind of offense. You're right: he hasn't played meaningful football in 22 months, and that might become clearly evident, in which case you put Keenum back in. Either way, we have to find that out this season. 

6th in QBR with like 5 dropped interceptions the last 3 weeks. And he's  starting to stare down Adam too much lately. Can't  be sustained...

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
6th in QBR with like 5 dropped interceptions the last 3 weeks. And he's  starting to stare down Adam too much lately. Can't  be sustained...
 I wonder if some people stumping for Case and quoting stats are out of market and dont get to watch the games,  or if they are just so locked into a position that they cant see the issues that concern the non Case trumpet blowers.  I can personally argue either way and am fully accepting whatever Zim and Shurm decide.

I thought that no matter who starts, that you should root for them...But apparently we just say I know this guy is gonna fail so we need to play this guy. 
I think when healthy we got 3 good QB's and whatever one is playing I will be rooting for them.