Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adrian Peterson, 10 carries, 17 yards
Quote: @silverjoel said:
@Jor-El said:
@silverjoel said:
The blitzer that broke Palmer's arm was the RB's responsibility.  Any guesses as to which RB that was?   
This would be amazing, but...I think you are kidding? I just watched the interception play and I think Peterson was not on the field...
Peterson is #23.  His blitz pickup, easier to see from the above and behind camera angle.

Yep, AD's guy broke Palmer's arm.  He never learned pass protection or how to run screens and catch in stride.  

Wow. Stanton is a pretty good backup but Cardinals' season might be over and that might end up as the last play of Palmer's career. Think Cardinals are still happy about that Peterson trade?

Ironically, they might run more now, better for Peterson's stats. But they can't ever trust him to pass block, or they could have Blaine Gabbert behind center.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Wetlander said:
Yeah, Palmer breaking his arm early in that game made a big difference.  But like I said in the other AD thread...  his rushing totals are going to ebb and flow based upon the opponent.
And the points the team is behind.  It's tough to run the ball when your down 20.
Should be much easier to run as the opposing defense will be dropping more in coverage to avoid the big passing plays that would allow a team to get back in a game without using a lot of clock.
Yes because most teams love to keep running the ball when they're chasing points.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Wetlander said:
Yeah, Palmer breaking his arm early in that game made a big difference.  But like I said in the other AD thread...  his rushing totals are going to ebb and flow based upon the opponent.
And the points the team is behind.  It's tough to run the ball when your down 20.
Should be much easier to run as the opposing defense will be dropping more in coverage to avoid the big passing plays that would allow a team to get back in a game without using a lot of clock.
Yes because most teams love to keep running the ball when they're chasing points.
That's not what you said. You said it's tough to do...I say it's easier,  maybe not the best use of time,  but in absence of a passing game it's better than 3 and out.

@Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Wetlander said:
That's not what you said. You said it's tough to do...I say it's easier,  maybe not the best use of time,  but in absence of a passing game it's better than 3 and out.

Right!

Yikes... I don't want to say it was Peterson's fault, but he did look pretty foolish in pass pro. I always overlooked that aspect of his gane when he was a Vike.

Quote: @Max said:
Yikes... I don't want to say it was Peterson's fault, but he did look pretty foolish in pass pro. I always overlooked that aspect of his gane when he was a Vike.
That was the problem....so did he.

@Max said:
I don't think he overlooked it.  I just dont think he was smart enough to understand who to block.

You can say "it was Peterson's fault" because it was Peterson's fault.  Not that hard to clearly see that he didn't block who he was supposed too, ya know the blitzer coming into the hole which every RB is supposed to block.  

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Max said:
I don't think he overlooked it.  I just dont think he was smart enough to understand who to block.
I think it was either Foreman or Robert Smith that said becoming a good pass blocker isnt hard... you just have to want to do it and then work at it.   its not a stat that will get you personal accolades so AD wasnt interested in it.