Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Rodgers to have surgery...
Quote: @greediron said:
I disagree Mike.  He would only come back if they have a chance at the playoffs IMO.  I hope they don't win another game this year, go into a 10 year tailspin and he decides to retire.

No, you wish them 8/8 through eternity. Aka purgatory. 

If they somehow muster up a few wins... You will see Rodgers back

[Image: 2ex9hlhf9twa.jpeg]
  Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers underwent surgery Thursday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media first reported. B) 

Aaron Rodgers underwent surgery on his broken right collarbone Thursday.
Coach Mike McCarthy announced on Monday that Rodgers would be going under the knife. The Packers are holding off placing Rodgers on injured reserve, but it's believed his season is likely over. An absolute best-case scenario would probably have Rodgers returning for Week 16.
Source: Ian Rapoport on TwitterOct 19 - 7:12 PM

He's not coming back this season. Won't happen.

I am not so sure. The collar bone is out of a sling in 2-6 weeks and healed within 4-8. If they can muster up some wins... I think you see a "miracle" recovery and ESPN gets a chubby.
I will say that he shouldn't and having the bone heal properly takes months. I really hope he is done for the season. I have my doubts though.

Also, week 16 is against the Vikings. Like I said, they muster up 2 wins and we lose a couple... He will be back or at least he will try

Quote: @Canthony said:
Also, week 16 is against the Vikings. Like I said, they muster up 2 wins and we lose a couple... He will be back or at least he will try
You hope we lose a couple....hmmm.

I'll add this: I wouldn't put dirt on the Packer's grave quite yet. They have enough talent to stick around games. Big test upcoming against New Orleans. 

It's possible...but I think it will be based on if the Packers are in any playoff contention.  If not by that time, they will wait till the new season to play Rodgers again.  Nothing to gain by rolling him out the last game of the season if their season is over win or lose.  Save him for the next up coming season.