Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, The Giants Just Lost 3 WRs...
5th rounder for Tready - I'd jump on it if I were R.S.   That deal would be what we call slick, Rick!

Quote: @"comet52" said:
5th rounder for Tready - I'd jump on it if I were R.S.   That deal would be what we call slick, Rick!
Jesus, guys, Rick is not going to take a 5th rounder for a perfectly healthy, former 1st round draft pick in his 2nd season, on his 1st contract. It's way too early. His value is higher than that. But if we wait too long, a 5th rounder is exactly what we'll be looking at. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
Jesus, guys, Rick is not going to take a 5th rounder for a perfectly healthy, former 1st round draft pick in his 2nd season, on his 1st contract. It's way too early. His value is higher than that. But if we wait too long, a 5th rounder is exactly what we'll be looking at. 
I think you're right, and I honestly don't think he would trade Treadwell unless he had an impressive offer. That's the same as admitting the pick was a mistake. 

But being a blocking-only WR is ridiculous. I know he has had a surprising number of snaps, but is he usually in the game on running plays? If so, he will become a tell. Floyd is an excellent blocker, and I think he's going to take most of Treadwell's snaps now, anyway.

with the injury to Diggs, Treadwell needs to step up, if we fail to see a marked improvement in the next few games I am all for getting what we can and moving on.  I love what he brings to the run game and the physical potential he has but it needs to translate into the passing game pretty soon.  I still think he can be a weapon,  but he has to buy into this new style of play and preparation,  his size alone isnt going to win many battles in the pros and he doesnt have the speed and quicks to just out hustle many dbacks.  precision routes that are perfectly timed.  

However part of this is on the QB,  they have get him the ball coming out of those timed breaks and put it in front of him.  these crap throws that have our receivers constantly adjusting to a ball are not going to get it done with a guy like Treadwell.  He can be a monster,  but the ball has to be placed where he can use his frame to shield the defender.

This Viking offense doesn't leave a lot of room for other WRs besides AT
and Diggs to catch passes.  Believe it or not, Treadwell is third on
the team receiving for WRs.  He actually has one more grab
than Wright.  Rudy and the RBs seem to be getting the ball their way
quite a bit.
Player                 Rec     Yds     Yds/Rec Long   TD
Adam Thielen      29    392    13.5          45    0
Stefon Diggs       23    395    17.2          59     4
Kyle Rudolph      16    154     9.6           27     2
Jerick McKinnon  14    91      6.5           25     0
Dalvin Cook        11    90      8.2           36     0
Laquon Treadwell 5    42      8.4           15     0
Jarius Wright        4    39      9.8           21     1
Latavius Murray   4    20      5.0           9       0
C.J. Ham              2    23     11.5         12      0
Michael Floyd      1    19     19.0         19      0
Blake Bell            1    12     12.0         12      0

We'll see. Many teams find a decent amount of targets for their #3 WR, especially a talented one. If Floyd starts catching passes, the excuse that Treadwell is "stuck behind Diggs and Theilen" will be disproved. 

It's really hard to believe Thielen doesn't have a TD yet.  The guy has been absolute money for us this year and if I was looking to buy a jersey, his would be on my shortlist.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
We'll see. Many teams find a decent amount of targets for their #3 WR, especially a talented one. If Floyd starts catching passes, the excuse that Treadwell is "stuck behind Diggs and Theilen" will be disproved. 
If Diggs misses some games, I'd expect Floyd to start in his place before Treadwell, wouldn't you?

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
If Diggs misses some games, I'd expect Floyd to start in his place before Treadwell, wouldn't you?
Definitely - at least this year. Ultimately, I would like to see the Vikings groom Stacy Coley to backup Diggs, because I think he has a lot of similar traits and could step in if/when Diggs gets hurt, and run the same kinds of plays. 

I think the Vikings should trade Wright for even a nominal return - conditional 7th or whatever. If they can't, I'm starting to feel like they should release him, for his own good. He has answered the bell whenever needed by the Vikings but since he is out of favor, let him move on before he gets too old to have a shot elsewhere.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Definitely - at least this year. Ultimately, I would like to see the Vikings groom Stacy Coley to backup Diggs, because I think he has a lot of similar traits and could step in if/when Diggs gets hurt, and run the same kinds of plays. 

I think the Vikings should trade Wright for even a nominal return - conditional 7th or whatever. If they can't, I'm starting to feel like they should release him, for his own good. He has answered the bell whenever needed by the Vikings but since he is out of favor, let him move on before he gets too old to have a shot elsewhere.
I agree,   i dont know why he is on the shit list, but he has been a good soldier as far as we can tell so why they dont either play him or trade him is beyond me.   I am actually disappointed in our coaches/front office at the way they are handling JW.