Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck duck grey duck
actually it was duck duck goose.  Kyle said so.  Back in ND we played it by goose.  And gray is the proper American spelling of the color as well.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
actually it was duck duck goose.  Kyle said so.  Back in ND we played it by goose.  And gray is the proper American spelling of the color as well.
so Kyle didnt even know what game he was playing?   ;p

Fun Fact: the original Swedish name, “Anka Anka Grå Anka”, actually translates to “Duck, Duck, Gray Duck”. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Fun Fact: the original Swedish name, “Anka Anka Grå Anka”, actually translates to “Duck, Duck, Gray Duck”. 
sweden is in europe... you sure it isnt duck duck grEy duck?  the A as in ehh, is apparently a north american thing.  Smile

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
sweden is in europe... you sure it isnt duck duck grEy duck?  the A as in ehh, is apparently a north american thing.  Smile
that is why we had to improve the game and rename it duck duck goose.  gray/grey is so confusing and often led to confusion on the field as well.  Goose is clearly discernable from duck while gray duck can lead to cheating.

@"Vikergirl" said:
I know. I guess I will compare notes with the professor at the University of Stockholm and my good looking new Swedish neighbor and see what I find out.  Smile

Duck, duck …? Vikings celebration sparks national debate
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/10/vik...ck-debate/

What's more, why would Rudolph select a lineman as the "goose"?  Is that the only one he has a chance of beating?  And why was Easton excluded?  Is he too good?  And why did Keenum get set outside the circle?  Important questions.

This was actually refreshing compared to many other celebrations.  I'm
happy the NFL is loosening the reigns on group celebrations.  The Steelers are the worst!  Man, I
wish the Vikings had dominated them so I didn't have to witness so much
of it ... especially from the defensive player air humping the ball. 
Freaking disgusting! 

@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I've never heard of 'gray duck', only duck, duck goose.
thats because you are old.... this is the modern version... same game different name.
It's not modern. It's just a Minnesota thing. It's always been Grey Duck here in MN.
its not a minnesota thing... it was duck duck duck duck duck.... grey duck in central SD 40 years ago.... i was just funnin with the age comment.
Like I said: Minnesota is the only state the says it. Dakota is just a suburb of Mankato.