Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford looks completely disinterested out there...
i put this in another, but seems more apporpriate here: do we IR sleeves to keep keenum and sloter after GB to activate Teddy? cant have 4 qbs? with sleeves already saying this may plague him through the season, at least through the bye, and with what he showed last night, why deal with it?

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
i put this in another, but seems more apporpriate here: do we IR sleeves to keep keenum and sloter after GB to activate Teddy? cant have 4 qbs? with sleeves already saying this may plague him through the season, at least through the bye, and with what he showed last night, why deal with it?
Too early regarding Sam...Zero guarantees Bridgewater sees the field this year, or the next. I'd stack the deck to have as many live bodies as I could in the QB room this year. 

And thank the lord next year is a good QB draft class - and we have a #1 pick again. 

i dont remember for sure,  do we get any free practice weeks with Teddy before we have to make a roster move?  can he return to the team without taking a roster spot so we have time to evaluate him?  ( obviously not if he is active for a game )

we get 3 full weeks at least

we get 3 full weeks at least
thanks,  so no reason to make any roster moves until at least november,  unless Teddy looks better than case in practice and is ready to start,  in which case thats a good thing for the short term,  but it may really muddy the waters for the offseason decisions.  oh well,  I hope its a tortuous decision in that they all play great when given the chance.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Bradford should have never been out there. Wrong choice by the staff. He's not ready mentally and his knee probably isn't either. 

Why does everyone think this was Zimmer's decision to start him?  Everything that has been said to date is that this a pain tolerance issue for Bradford...  no one knows how much pain/discomfort Bradford has but himself.  It seems more likely this was Bradford's decision to play...  we can argue about whether Zimmer should have pulled him earlier in the game, but I don't think for a second that Bradford was forced to start by the coaching staff.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Bradford should have never been out there. Wrong choice by the staff. He's not ready mentally and his knee probably isn't either. 

Why does everyone think this was Zimmer's decision to start him?  Everything that has been said to date is that this a pain tolerance issue for Bradford...  no one knows how much pain/discomfort Bradford has but himself.  It seems more likely this was Bradford's decision to play...  we can argue about whether Zimmer should have pulled him earlier in the game, but I don't think for a second that Bradford was forced to start by the coaching staff.
I think he went 1 series to long.  he could have been pulled earlier and I wouldnt have said much,  but IMO you have to give a guy a few series to find a groove and maybe that groove is enough to put discomfort out of your head.  Sam is in a prove it year and its only fair to give him as much rope as you can without hurting the team which IMO is what Zim did last night.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Wow....  the guy has a painful injury,  tries to give it a go and gets ripped for his effort.  Sam is the better QB when healthy and is a tough competitor,  the defense was holding its own so what was the harm in playing him as long as he did?

Maybe he wasn't ready bit maybe he thought he could deal with it...maybe whatever he took for the pain had a negative affect on his head...we don't know what went down,  all we know was that we won on the road in Chicago.

Ugly win,  but any road win against a divisional foe is a good win.

LOL...  I appreciate his "toughness" trying to give it a go, but he shouldn't have been out there.  That was obvious from the opening drive.  Sailing passes over his WRs head...  falling down from a little bit of pressure...  if the pain was that bad, he should have been honest with the coaching staff.  The goal is to WIN, not try to be a tough guy and hold back the team if you are too hurt to play.

As much as I know Sam has better arm talent than Case, I see the team rallying around Case whenever he's out there which to my eye is keeping us in games, especially shitty ones like last night. He's probably one of the top backups in the league. We are LUCKY to have him. I may be completely off with this prediction, but I think Teddy is going to be playing for us yet this season and Keenum will be our guy until then. It's just a feeling I have, may turn out I'm completely wrong.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Wow....  the guy has a painful injury,  tries to give it a go and gets ripped for his effort.  Sam is the better QB when healthy and is a tough competitor,  the defense was holding its own so what was the harm in playing him as long as he did?

Maybe he wasn't ready bit maybe he thought he could deal with it...maybe whatever he took for the pain had a negative affect on his head...we don't know what went down,  all we know was that we won on the road in Chicago.

Ugly win,  but any road win against a divisional foe is a good win.

LOL...  I appreciate his "toughness" trying to give it a go, but he shouldn't have been out there.  That was obvious from the opening drive.  Sailing passes over his WRs head...  falling down from a little bit of pressure...  if the pain was that bad, he should have been honest with the coaching staff.  The goal is to WIN, not try to be a tough guy and hold back the team if you are too hurt to play.
early on though,  is it a matter of being hurt or a little rusty?  in the  2nd quarter is when I really noticed him being unable to really step into his throws and not trying to evade the pressure,  I dont know if he was hurting the whole time or just tentative.  i did notice early that he was rushing his mechanics ( like Teddy was doing 2 years ago) and the he wasnt getting forward on his passes,  but that isnt really a tel tale sign of being hurt.