Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts around the NFL, Vikings cuts
(08-27-2024, 12:09 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Bo Richter also cut...he was having an immense training camp.
I'm guessing several PS signings out of these.
13 more to cut.

Not sure I'd say 'immense', but I believe they'd like him back for the practice squad.

Here’s a link to an updated roster tracker:  Arrow Big Grin

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/8/26/...t-deadline
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(08-27-2024, 11:42 AM)TBro Wrote: Maybe they think he won't get claimed and they can stash him on the Practice Squad? Otherwise it doesn't make much sense. That is the problem with keeping a Fullback. 

I love Ham, but he takes up an important roster spot when he only has a snap count % of less than 20% on offense.

but does he really take up an important spot? How much more would a #3 or #4 RB play and contribute vs Ham who plays a lot of specials teams as well as most short yardage situations? Maybe its more about what he does do when on the field instead of how much or little he plays?

Seeing all of the cuts at RB is jarring but the Vikings have neglected the RB room depth a bit recently.

Gaskin, Nwangwu, McBride are hardly irreplaceable. Hopefully we get a season or two of Jones/vet FA options and then have the capital and inclination to draft a long term starter.

(08-27-2024, 01:59 PM)pattersaur Wrote: Seeing all of the cuts at RB is jarring but the Vikings have neglected the RB room depth a bit recently.

Gaskin, Nwangwu, McBride are hardly irreplaceable. Hopefully we get a season or two of Jones/vet FA options and then have the capital and inclination to draft a long term starter.

I think Jones is here 1 year considering they're gonna run him 500 times this season.  They're gonna run those tires BALD.

Just about an hour to go. I don't think I've seen all the cuts, but unless I'm mistaken, here are some notable names still on the Vikings:

Pretty much all the WRs, Evans, Asamoah, N'Keal Harry, Jurgens, Redmond, Taimani, McGlothern, Moreau, Jonah Williams, Nahshon Wright, Cine, Muse, Tonyan, Henry Byrd...who am I missing?

Here's a more complete list:

Current #Vikings roster, 13 more need to go:

QB: Sam Darnold, Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall

RB/FB: Aaron Jones, Ty Chandler, CJ Ham

WR: Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, Jalen Nailor, Brandon Powell, Trishton Jackson, Trent Sherfield, Thayer Thomas, Lucky Jackson, Jeshaun Jones, Malik Knowles

TE: TJ Hockenson (PUP), Johnny Mundt, Josh Oliver, Nick Muse, N'Keal Harry, Robert Tonyan

T: Christian Darrisaw, Brian Oneill, Walter Rouse, David Quessenberry

G: Ed Ingram, Blake Brandel, Dalton Risner (IR), Michael Jurgens, Dan Feeney

C: Garrett Bradbury, Henry Byrd

IDL: Harrison Phillips, Jerry Tillery, Levi Drake Rodriguez, Taki Taimani, Jonathan Bullard, Jonah Williams, Jalen Redmond

OLB: Dallas Turner, Jonathan Greenard, Andrew Van Ginkel, Pat Jones, Gabriel Murphy (IR), Jihad Ward

LB: Ivan Pace, Blake Cashman, Brian Asamoah, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Jordan Kunaszyk

CB: Stephon Gilmore, Byron Murphy, Shaq Griffin, Akayleb Evans, Dwight McGlothern, Fabian Moreau, Nahshon Wright

S: Harrison Smith, Cam Bynum, Josh Metellus, Jay Ward, Theo Jackson, Lewis Cine

K: Will Reichard

P: Ryan Wright

LS: Andrew DePaola

Shelley and Gant out

(08-27-2024, 01:39 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: but does he really take up an important spot?  How much more would a #3 or #4 RB play and contribute vs Ham who plays a lot of specials teams as well as most short yardage situations?  Maybe its more about what he does do when on the field instead of how much or little he plays?

I get what you are saying and like I said I do like Ham a lot. I also think he is a luxury we don't necessarily need when he is not a key part of our offense IMO and Aaron Jones runs primarily
out of a Single Back set.

Sounds like McGlothern made the 53. I get the feeling Kwesi is trying his damnedest to trade Cine, Asamoah and/or Evans before the deadline.

Wow.

Alec Lewis
@alec_lewis
·
1m
The #Vikings are keeping undrafted DT Taki Taimani on the initial 53, per source.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post: