Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Darnold
(05-30-2024, 08:07 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Like Adam Schefter said, he's always been good this time of year. It's when the pressure comes that he starts making bad decisions. It's why we can talk all we want about height, weight, speed, arm velo in rookie QBs...90% of what makes a QB successful is in his head. 

That said, what if Darnold has a great year? Not just the best year he's ever had, which I think we all expect, but something better than even Baker last year or Geno Smith's big year or Randall Cunningham's? If that happens do you let him get away?

Are you smoking a lot of weed today? Sam Darnold looking good in his undies is all it takes to start worrying that we "might have to let him get away?" Never mind the 6 years of total futility. This is some hilarious stuff. There's no pass rush and no pressure in ota's--just a friendly reminder.

Good luck stopping the Darnold this year....

https://x.com/TPPSkol/status/1798004432229294503

(06-04-2024, 10:17 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Good luck stopping the Darnold this year....

https://x.com/TPPSkol/status/1798004432229294503

Seems interesting since we have been assumed to be non playoff team next year, to hear them refer to us in the video as a "team full of superstars."  Thinking of top level pro bowl type players in their prime I would say JJ and Darrisaw.  I think some may make a case TJ, Addison, Jones.  On defense, Smith was, but no longer the same player and while I think we have some solid players there, do not think we have anyone with superstar status at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

"Pelissero noted that he’s heard Darnold is having an excellent offseason, dialed in, and that his talent has flashed"
It's off season. Nice to hear but meaningless.

(05-30-2024, 09:03 AM)comet52 Wrote: Are you smoking a lot of weed today?  Sam Darnold looking good in his undies is all it takes to start worrying that we "might have to let him get away?"  Never mind the 6 years of total futility.  This is some hilarious stuff.  There's no pass rush and no pressure in ota's--just a friendly reminder.

It's a hypothetical. Google it. So answer the question... if Darnold somehow has a Baker Mayfield-like emergence, do you try to keep him another year or two? 

Is it likely? Obviously not, but I don't think it's as unlikely as you're making it sound.