Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day 3
I like the pick. Can't be worse than 2022.

(04-27-2024, 11:54 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: I still have concerns about the interior along both lines and I don't see us getting much help in those areas with the picks we have left. I'm hoping at the very least we bring back Dalton Risner after the draft to solidify the left guard spot. Interior defensive like is just going to be a weak spot for us and hopefully we can address that area next year.

Same, I know they needed a CB but really hoping they'd go DT at 108.

(04-27-2024, 12:34 PM)1VikesFan Wrote: Same, I know they needed a CB but really hoping they'd go DT at 108.

We've spent so many resources now on the corner position. Four players drafted in the 4th round or higher, a pricey free agent in Murphy, and a one year deal on Griffin. I'm done seeing us spend resources at corberback. Hopefully we finally have it right

Yeah, I'm down to start building the trenches. We have young talent at WR, CB, QB, LB (IL and Edge). Need some big uglies in the middle of the DL and OL.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

Wonder if the Vikings might add JJ's pivot man Drake (Don't Call Me Ted) Nugent later.

Walter Rouse, tackle from Oklahoma. Good pick as Oklahoma typically develops some good lineman. Not sure if he has some guard flexability of not. I thought this was an unusually deep group of lineman in this draft and happy to take advantage of that.I feel pretty good about tackle depth with Brandel and Rouse

(04-27-2024, 12:34 PM)1VikesFan Wrote: Same, I know they needed a CB but really hoping they'd go DT at 108.

And Corlus went the next pick at 109. We pick at 177 with 2 DT's DJ had rated in the 130's on the board and we pass again for a backup OT. Looks like we're giving up 5 ypc this season.

Aaaand the Lions take DT Mekhi Wingo at 189.  Would've been nice for us at 177 but apparently the Vikings are now the NFL's first no-DT defense  Rolleyes

KAM got me a kicker!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

We needed a kicker, but with no DTs drafted and Taylor still on the board, felt that was the priority.

Reichard is money.