Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum - Wow!
It was refreshing seeing the OC down on the SL near his players. I think it's obvious you can call plays from the SL as well as in the booth...yesterday pretty much proved that so!

I'm not sure which surprised me more... how accurate Keenum was , or seeing Viking WR's breaking open play after play.  The WR's and Shurmer absolutely ate the Bucs alive in the intermediate range, and Keenum kept hitting them.  

Quote: @greediron said:
 Spielman needs to plan for worst-case scenarios. (I also think he buys into the myth that Sugarman will take EVERY player to full recovery after surgery.) 
Ignoring your sugarman tinfoilage, yes, I think Spielman failed to draft quality depth and future for the line.  That is what I meant, Spielman neglected our o-line and it killed us last year.
I've asked questions about Sugarman on several threads and no one responds. I'm not trying to pursue some conspiracy; I just see a paradox when people (here and elsewhere) say he is a great asset to the Vikings but hardly draw a breath before claiming this team has lost an excessive number of games and/or seasons due to too many injured players. 

"Tinfoilage" is a great word, though.....

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@greediron said:
 Spielman needs to plan for worst-case scenarios. (I also think he buys into the myth that Sugarman will take EVERY player to full recovery after surgery.) 
Ignoring your sugarman tinfoilage, yes, I think Spielman failed to draft quality depth and future for the line.  That is what I meant, Spielman neglected our o-line and it killed us last year.
I've asked questions about Sugarman on several threads and no one responds. I'm not trying to pursue some conspiracy; I just see a paradox when people (here and elsewhere) say he is a great asset to the Vikings but hardly draw a breath before claiming this team has lost an excessive number of games and/or seasons due to too many injured players. 

"Tinfoilage" is a great word, though.....
Not sure anyone really wants to go that deep down the rabbit hole.  What do we know of Sugarman's job?  Really, what do we know of any of the front office jobs either, but at least playing GM on the internet is an enjoyable hobby.  Playing athletic trainer on the internet?  Not so much

And who sez he is great?  I think he is highly regarded by the team and others in the field, so I will probably just step over that rabbit hole.