Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers new Mock
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Addison doesnt have anywhere near the ceiling JJ does, great #2 and I love the pick @ 23. 

You guys who dont want to pay superstar players are nutz

You win with BIG KNOCKERS as Burnsie used to preach. 
Yeah, now that Cousins is gone...  its don't pay JJ?  At some point we have to pay guys, and I'd rather pay a guy like JJ who is just entering his prime and has been the best WR in football than get a couple average starters. Those 8-10 touches HAVE been a difference in games (see Bills game from 2022, home game against the Packers in 2022, etc).

If we just bargain shop and don't retain our difference makers, we'll be in the .500 purgatory that those same fans detest.  I don't get it.  We can have the conversation about paying JJ the bag AGAIN when he's 30+.  Until then, keep him here, keep him happy, and let him help you win football games.

BOOM

I dont think anyone wants JJ gone.  He is gonna test the market, fine, you need to pay him his money.  Problem may be he wants to reset the market money wise AND term wise.  

Now thats a problem if true and you dont just hand him the bag, it would be dumb business.  Most likely it will get done, but never say never is dumb.  

Hes not getting traded anyway without a new deal in place Soooo.  

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
I dont think anyone wants JJ gone.  He is gonna test the market, fine, you need to pay him his money.  Problem may be he wants to reset the market money wise AND term wise.  

Now thats a problem if true and you dont just hand him the bag, it would be dumb business.  Most likely it will get done, but never say never is dumb.  

Yes nobody wants him gone, but if the only we you can acquire the franchise QB we want and need is by trading Jefferson, I think that has to be a legitimate conversation at this point. All options have to be on the table 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

Yes nobody wants him gone, but if the only we you can acquire the franchise QB we want and need is by trading Jefferson, I think that has to be a legitimate conversation at this point. All options have to be on the table 
I don't think trading the 24 year old best WRer in the NFL should be on the table for any unknown quantity. This angst that some fans have over paying a premier player money is just weird. If you're guaranteed a franchise QB, well then of course. There aren't any guarantees other than that JJ is a proven premier quantity.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I don't think trading the 24 year old best WRer in the NFL should be on the table for any unknown quantity. This angst that some fans have over paying a premier player money is just weird. 
We can pay him and I don't think anybody thinks he's not deserving, but if we don't have a QB and get the one we want...what's the point? We've done this with premier skill position players FOR YEARS and haven't done shit because we didn't have a QB who could get us over the hump. Let's actually fix that for a change and if the cost is moving Jefferson to acquire the draft capital to do it, why wouldn't you? Especially in light of the strange contract negotiations 

Shit, I’m still pissed they traded Randy, what the hell do I know…!?  Confused  boy, sure seems some really want to take the “competitive” out of this rebuild!  Confused 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I don't think trading the 24 year old best WRer in the NFL should be on the table for any unknown quantity. This angst that some fans have over paying a premier player money is just weird. 
We can pay him and I don't think anybody thinks he's not deserving, but if we don't have a QB and get the one we want...what's the point? We've done this with premier skill position players FOR YEARS and haven't done shit because we didn't have a QB who could get us over the hump. Let's actually fix that for a change and if the cost is moving Jefferson to acquire the draft capital to do it, why wouldn't you? Especially in light of the strange contract negotiations 
The issue is there's no guarantees the swing for the QB will work. Its much easier to give up other draft compensation for a risky unknown quantity than give up a highly productive, premier elite talent known quantity like JJ at only 24 years old. That's just stupid. Its like exchanging gold for cryptocurrency. We wouldn't be getting Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. We'd be getting Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels. Hell, we wouldn't even be getting Caleb Williams. Not sure how any of that would compute.

You improve the chances of a rookie QB to succeed by surrounding him w/ premier players. Look no further than Purdy. Keep both JJ & CD.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

The issue is there's no guarantees the swing for the QB will work. Its much easier to give up other draft compensation for a risky unknown quantity than give up a highly productive, premier elite talent known quantity like JJ at only 24 years old. That's just stupid. Its like exchanging gold for cryptocurrency. We wouldn't be getting Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. We'd be getting Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels. Hell, we wouldn't even be getting Caleb Williams. Not sure how any of that would compute.
Absolutely it's always better to have the sure thing, but say we are absolutely convinced Drake Maye is our guy and the franchise QB we have needed forever, but the only way to get him was to either move Jefferson in a trade or mortgage our future and strip our next two drafts down to almost nothing to move up and get him? To me, I'm moving Jefferson, grabbing the QB I want, and not only retaining picks, but adding picks to fill in our roster holes with young talent. Not that I'd ever want to see Jefferson traded, but it would make sense 

From GBN

Rumor du jour: Vikes, Pats close to swapping picks …
 Just a quick follow-up to yesterday’s story on the growing buzz surrounding Minnesota’s attempt to move up in the draft from the 11th pick overall to a position where they could get one of this year’s top QBs after acquiring an extra 1st from Houston, but there was a palpable buzz earlier today that the Vikings are ‘close’ to a deal with New England in which Minnesota would get the 3rd pick overall, presumably where they would select North Carolina QB Drake Maye, in exchange for a monster package of picks that could include the Vikings two first rounders this year and their #1 in

So this is what I was referencing. Everybody good giving up this kind of picks package to move up? Also considering that the 2025 pick may very well be a top 5 or top 10 pick