Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workout for JJM
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"dadevike" said:
If KAM is moving to 4 or 5 for JJM, how would you feel if the cost is 11, 23, and next year's first? Seems like too much for JJM. If it is just 11 and 23, I say no problem. Even if it takes a 3d in '25. But right now I think I would use next year's first only to move up to 2 or 3.

We need a QB. And if we have to move to 4 to get one we like, then we have to move to 4. Yes, the cost will suck and the next few drafts will be kind of a bummer with no first round pick, but an even bigger bummer is going into 2024 with just Darnold. And an EVEN BIGGER bummer is going into 2024 with Darnold and a QB we drafted who the FO and coaches aren't really in love with.
The Vikings put themselves into this situation and I think they're going to pay whatever it takes to avoid the latter two scenarios I laid out. Frankly, as they should.
If they move up to 4, it shouldn't cost anymore than our two firsts this year. 2 or 3 then we are looking at picks next year.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"dadevike" said:
If KAM is moving to 4 or 5 for JJM, how would you feel if the cost is 11, 23, and next year's first? Seems like too much for JJM. If it is just 11 and 23, I say no problem. Even if it takes a 3d in '25. But right now I think I would use next year's first only to move up to 2 or 3.

We need a QB. And if we have to move to 4 to get one we like, then we have to move to 4. Yes, the cost will suck and the next few drafts will be kind of a bummer with no first round pick, but an even bigger bummer is going into 2024 with just Darnold. And an EVEN BIGGER bummer is going into 2024 with Darnold and a QB we drafted who the FO and coaches aren't really in love with.
The Vikings put themselves into this situation and I think they're going to pay whatever it takes to avoid the latter two scenarios I laid out. Frankly, as they should.
If they move up to 4, it shouldn't cost anymore than our two firsts this year. 2 or 3 then we are looking at picks next year.
DJ just did a mock where moving to 4 only cost us the two 1sts and we get two picks back. Little hard to believe we could get something back for 4, but need to add our '25 1st for 3, which is what many are saying...

DJ's mock
Vikings Get:

Pick No. 4 (1st)

Pick No. 90 (3rd)

Pick No. 138 (5th)

Cardinals Get:

Pick No. 11 (1st)

Pick No. 23 (1st)

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"dadevike" said:

DJ just did a mock where moving to 4 only cost us the two 1sts and we get two picks back. Little hard to believe we could get something back for 4, but need to add our '25 1st for 3, which is what many are saying...

DJ's mock
Vikings Get:

Pick No. 4 (1st)

Pick No. 90 (3rd)

Pick No. 138 (5th)

Cardinals Get:

Pick No. 11 (1st)

Pick No. 23 (1st)
I am curious how AZ would approach this. I think they could want the 2025 1st just to spread out some of their assets. IF they wanted to move back to #11 I wonder if they'd offer: 

Vikings Get: 
Pick No. 4 (1) 
Pick No. 27 (1) 
Pick No. 90 (3) 

Cardinals Get: 
Pick No. 11 (1) 
Pick No. 23 (1) 
2025 1st 

On analytics chart that is about even. On legacy charts it has the Vikings winning by about a 4th round pick. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
It may be as simple as they want Maye as reported but if he goes, they want to be confident in JJM as their contingency plan. 

That’s presuming Maye is indeed their guy.
I think that's exactly it. Based on everything I've seen, heard, read, I would say they love Maye, are willing to go as high as 2 to get him, no matter the cost, but if that doesn't work out, they really like McCarthy too. 

Of course all of this could be wrong and their real target is Spencer Rattler for all we really know. It is the age of disinformation. 

Fast-forward to April 26th: "There was no way we were leaving the draft without Michael Penix Jr. we loved him through the process". Secretly crying inside knowing Drake Maye was the guy. 
Whoever they pick or is available, will be or become the "one" they were after.

Commanders will also have a private workout with JJM. Smart move either way for Washington: they are generally interested or they want Minnesota to think they are generally interested. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"dadevike" said:

DJ's mock
Vikings Get:

Pick No. 4 (1st)

Pick No. 90 (3rd)

Pick No. 138 (5th)

Cardinals Get:

Pick No. 11 (1st)

Pick No. 23 (1st)
I am curious how AZ would approach this. I think they could want the 2025 1st just to spread out some of their assets. IF they wanted to move back to #11 I wonder if they'd offer: 

Vikings Get: 
Pick No. 4 (1) 
Pick No. 27 (1) 
Pick No. 90 (3) 

Cardinals Get: 
Pick No. 11 (1) 
Pick No. 23 (1) 
2025 1st 

On analytics chart that is about even. On legacy charts it has the Vikings winning by about a 4th round pick. 

I would be just fine with the scenario you presented here. This a a good draft for something like that. 

I have a land to sell in Nigeria to anyone who believes AZ will come off the #4 pick (and pass on MHJ)

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I have a land to sell in Nigeria to anyone who believes AZ will come off the #4 pick (and pass on MHJ)
I agree that passing on MHJ or Nabers (I've heard some teams have Nabers higher) will be a tough sell. BUT...they have to build their roster. And the owner has already said their pick is for sale. They want to move down; Vikings want to move up. I think it has to happen. 

Another thing is that if they make this trade they'd end up with picks 11, 23, 27, 35 and three 3rd rounders! And that’s without the '25 1st if that comes into play. That's a roster builder right there. What's more, their biggest need is WR and it's probably the deepest position in this draft. They'll be able to get a good one OR TWO with 4 picks in the top 35. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I agree that passing on MHJ or Nabers (I've heard some teams have Nabers higher) will be a tough sell. BUT...they have to build their roster. And the owner has already said their pick is for sale. They want to move down; Vikings want to move up. I think it has to happen. 

Another thing is that if they make this trade they'd end up with picks 11, 23, 27, 35 and three 3rd rounders! And that’s without the '25 1st if that comes into play. That's a roster builder right there. What's more, their biggest need is WR and it's probably the deepest position in this draft. They'll be able to get a good one OR TWO with 4 picks in the top 35. 
A strong argument for sure...

I'm usually not this opinionated on football, but seeing them come off of a Randy Moss type talent just doesnt seem very realistic.

The Vikings shot at JJM is #5 slot.

Unless a Levis type drop happens, Maye/Daniels are just a pipe dream.  

We also know Harbaugh has a lot of affinity for JJM. If he thinks KOC/Vikings are a good home for the kid, and he gets a couple #1's out of it for himself/Chargers? He might be inclined to move. 

Might that be the perfect storm, check the box scenario that doesn't happen often???