Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings make trade with Houston, add 1st round pick
I think this is a pretty optimal trade.  I think it gives us two pathways towards
getting a QB.  According to the trade
charts this gets us enough capital to get between 3 and 4, although we’d
probably have to sweeten the pot a bit because QBs.  It also lets us take a QB at either 11 or 23
depending on how the board works out.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Montana Tom said:
Why does everyone assume we are going to trade up?  There is some solid talent at QB after those top three.  I predict they like either Penix or Nix and will pull the trigger on one of those at 11 and get a middle DT stuffer at 23.  That would be a rock solid day 1 first round
assuming people dont get stupid and turn the top 10 into a QB fest,   I think this would be the best case scenario IMO.  I am not that much in love with any of the top 6 that I would be upset if we didnt get that QB ,  as long as we get one of the top 6... I am good.   However,  if KAMs draft machine tells him one or 2 are particularly better and he doesnt think they will make it to 11... its his ass on the line so I wouldnt begrudge him doing what it takes to make it his.

You're assuming that all 6 would be a good fit in the KOC offense. That might not be the case. There might be only one or two who they're targeting. Levis was a top 3 QB in last year's draft & for some reason that we'll probably never know, we passed on him.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Looks like they don't luv either Nix or Penix.
That's certainly what it appears like on the surface of this move. 

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Pretty safe to say....at least not at #11. 

This provides some insurance that if they want to wait a little and see how things fall on draft day that they don't need to overspend to make a move.  Maybe wait it out a little longer.  Through the 4th pick to make the move, which could be cheaper.  Lots of ways this could go, imho.

Umm WOW

So they have ammo to move up from 11 to say 3 and get Maye?  Less ammo to move up to 5 to get McCarthy?

Or do they get denied then end up with a pick at 11 (Verse, Turner, Murphy) and draft Penix at 23?  This is my preference if they can't get Maye

Cowherd loves himself some KOC......yes, I know what I did there.  :p

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/...2166441013

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
That's certainly what it appears like on the surface of this move. 
Not at 11, but maybe at 23 now.  11 can add a STUD DL (if you can't move up) and 23 you can get Penix all while keeping your 1st next year.   That would be a fucking haul for a team with key pieces in Jefferson, Addison, Darrisaw, ONeil, a revamped defense and $120M to spend next year 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Cowherd loves himself some KOC......yes, I know what I did there.  :p

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/...2166441013
You wouldn't know it by listening to Viking fans, but KOC is generally considered one of the better play callers in the NFL.