Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Smith restructures contract
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
If Browner didn't drop off so suddenly, I'd still say he was the #1 safety the Vikes ever had.  Because he did, Dirty Harry is #1 on my list.  The dude can just flat out play - Skol to Harry!
Paul Krause on line 3 for you.
Krause wasn't a blitzer or a hitter.  He played center field very well and caught a ton of lobbed up balls from opposing QBs getting mauled by the Purple People Eaters.  He game was way different than Browner and Harry.
I agree,  but the fact that you left him off the list.... all time NFL pick leader....  he also played in a era where there werent as many passes thrown.

and if you go back and look,  Harry and Joey played behind some pretty outstanding defensive lines at times and benefitted from some lolly pop picks over their careers.
It was my list - lol!  I liked Krause, and he just always seemed to be at the right place at the right time.  That's not because he was lucky; it was because he was a really smart player that was well coached.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
If Browner didn't drop off so suddenly, I'd still say he was the #1 safety the Vikes ever had.  Because he did, Dirty Harry is #1 on my list.  The dude can just flat out play - Skol to Harry!
Krause wasn't a blitzer or a hitter.  He played center field very well and caught a ton of lobbed up balls from opposing QBs getting mauled by the Purple People Eaters.  He game was way different than Browner and Harry.
Totally agree. Krause was the major beneficiary of the Purple People Eaters destroying offensive lines. Watch a decent portion of his INTs and they are ridiculously easy softball catches.
81 is a hell of a lot of softball catches...
Not saying he wasn't good. Went to 4 Superbowls. A shit ton of picks. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Totally agree. Krause was the major beneficiary of the Purple People Eaters destroying offensive lines. Watch a decent portion of his INTs and they are ridiculously easy softball catches.
I've been using that word a lot lately too. So I thought I'd look up its precise measurement. From Websters: "A shit ton is equivalent to 24 metric assloads or 1/10th of a fuck-ton." Who knew? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I've been using that word a lot lately too. So I thought I'd look up its precise measurement. From Websters: "A shit ton is equivalent to 24 metric assloads or 1/10th of a fuck-ton." Who knew? 
But how many shitloads make a shit ton??

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
But how many shitloads make a shit ton??
just depends on the size of the shit spreader and how wet the shit is.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
When it's pulling you down like quick sand you probably won't find a need for precise measurement! None the less, can you convert it to metric ?

[Image: 52hv3a0603fi.jpg]

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/17680...f9bw3_mDUg&s=19
That's the thing and you can see from the emotion that its a band of brothers out there. To have a stadium full of fans cheering for you, that exhilaration and the fun of playing a game professionally....very very tough to turn down if you can still do it (like he mentions) and it can't be replaced in normal working society. Its a rush that won't be duplicated in anything else he ever does. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
That's the thing and you can see from the emotion that its a band of brothers out there. To have a stadium full of fans cheering for you, that exhilaration and the fun of playing a game professionally....very very tough to turn down if you can still do it (like he mentions) and it can't be replaced in normal working society. Its a rush that won't be duplicated in anything else he ever does. 
Closest thing I would think of is maybe the road crew that finally repairs the potholes on your street!