Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, lets hit it head-on; Anyone else besides Darnold?
Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
I would give up a 4th or a 5th for Fields and see if you have anything.  It aint like we've shown we can do anything with a 4th round pick anyways.  

They were talking a 2nd for Fields and I wouldn't give anywhere close to that for him. 

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
I would give up a 4th or a 5th for Fields and see if you have anything.  It aint like we've shown we can do anything with a 4th round pick anyways.  
No but that 4th rounder can make a 3rd rounder a 2nd.  This team needs to quit pissing away draft picks.

Time to start cruising the custom marble and granite businesses for a retired QB.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
What's Case Keenum doing these days?  (sorry)
polishing up a horseshoe?
Throwing darts down in the basement at his Mike Zimmer dartboard.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:
Some rumors about us making an offer for Pickett
see the fields thread... why give away draft stock ( which could be used to help this franchise) for another teams failures?  shop free agency and roll with what you find there.
What if what you find there is Joe Flacco, Brett Favre, and Todd Marinovich?
Flacco is your camp veteran getting one last chance, meanwhile he is a mentor to Hall and QBOTF. I really dont care,  Ive said for a while 24 would be throw away season while all the changes get acclimated,  find that rookie QB,  and get ready to ride with him by mid to late season if Hall or Mullins dont blow your skirt up.  This is the year the coach and GM were positioning for all along,  its on them going forward to show us what their vision was for this franchise.
I agree mostly but I see two problems.

1. We don’t have that rookie yet so they damn sure better draft one. Let’s assume they do.

2. These “bridge” guys you mention are so cooked that any rookie worth a crud should be outplaying them by week 1 anyway. So what’s the point? Even Minshew who we just missed out on was behind Anthony Richardson last year. He got hurt so maybe that was a mistake but still. If Mullins turns it over 12 times in the first month then what was even the point.

The further down the list of FA QBs we go the more inclined I am to say the hell with it and start whoever we draft.

Idk. It’s a clusterfrick. Fields is a terrible bridge QB due to his unique playing style but if we’re trying to win football games then it’d be dumb to roll Flacco or Dobbs out there instead. At least with a rookie they could sell that he’s gaining experience.

A few hours from now maybe I’ll come around to your side on this haha. Still collecting my thoughts on this wild day!
Your p.o.v. makes some sense.  Maybe they just roll with Mullens and assume the rookie, whoever he is, will start by midseason or sooner.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
What's Case Keenum doing these days?  (sorry)
polishing up a horseshoe?
Throwing darts down in the basement at his Mike Zimmer dartboard.
Along with O'Neil

Mason Rudolph maybe? Rumor about Trey Lance, but just rumor so far

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Mason Rudolph maybe? Rumor about Trey Lance, but just rumor so far

Trey Lance sucks.

Trey Lance couldn't start the opener....Be better off with Mullens (retch)

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Trey Lance couldn't start the opener....Be better off with Mullens (retch)
I think Mullens would be better than what we've seen just with him getting more #1 reps in all the offseason work as well as the focus from the coaches as the "starter",  I dont see him ever becoming a true #1,  but as a place holder he may be ok.  Still think Hall should take another step and potentially be a bridge to the franchise guy and replace Mullens or possibly trade bait at some point.