Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keenum taking 1st team reps
why cant a vike's qb be allowed to be good and have knees? but the word on sleeves is he has issues with his miniscus? 2-4 weeks. the word on teddy is he'd be playing today if not for the pup 6-week rule. 

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
why cant a vike's qb be allowed to be good and have knees? but the word on sleeves is he has issues with his miniscus? 2-4 weeks. the word on teddy is he'd be playing today if not for the pup 6-week rule. 
I heard that as well but I have to question it based on where he was 5 weeks ago.  It would be a huge step to come  that far in such a short time.

Wind out of my sails...My level of engagement is low, and it will go away all together if the news on Bradford becomes what we fear the most. 

How many times does a fan have to say the football gods owe us? And get nothing in return. 

The Bucs are okay, not in the same level as the Steelers.  Winston is good, but not Rothlisberger, Rodgers is not Bell.  We can beat these guys, we don't suck.  We have the potential for an elite D.  It ain't all on Keenum.  Good teams overcome this stuff, new season 1-1 its not over.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
The Bucs are okay, not in the same level as the Steelers, get some breaks.  Winston is good, but not Rothlisberger.  We can beat these guys, we don't suck.
Oh I think we'll win Sunday, I really do. It's the season as a whole that's in question for me -  if Sam is lost for the year, or even 6/7games...

Then you got the whole sludge of what to figure out long term @ QB afterwards. 

Hope it doesn't spiral down that far. But this is the Vikings we're talking about. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
I am definitely going to be watching college qbs even more closely this year because that has to be a consideration next draft.
You'll have a lot to watch...this is the best, deepest class since 83'...
I know right. The talent level is incredible.
I'll stand by what I said a few months ago: first three picks off the board will be QBs. 

Can't look at the whole season and sustain a positive outlook.  Learned my lesson through the years, 4 super bowls and a bunch of seasons like 98 and 09. Need to stay in the moment, be mindful. 

I have zero faith in Keenum. I thought he'd play better than he showed last week. Atrocious. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@1VikesFan said:
@Norse said:
[Image: AJ75RkLU_normal.jpg]Minnesota Vikings4m
Coach Zimmer says Sam Bradford has been ruled out for #TBvsMIN.
View details ·    

Well that sucks.  Guess Keenum's gonna have to step up!!

Literally he needs to step up.....in the pocket.  He was dropping back a few steps even after shotgun which allows the DE and blitzers to run straight upfield giving our Tackles no chance.  I don't remember how many pressures they calculated last week but I can think of about 4 or 5 where he just needed to step up for a clean pocket.

That alone could be enough to win because he seems to know the offense pretty well and I am surprised by his arm and ball placement.  Have to learn to beat the blitz - theilan in the slot and screen plays!
OMG. His 20 step drops were killing me, and him, and the team.he dropped back to Madden Levels of drop back... Maybe Tecmo bowl levels of drop back!

Enjoy this Jim McMahon long Bomb to Willie Gault...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I have zero faith in Keenum. I thought he'd play better than he showed last week. Atrocious. 
Better start a new thread Case Keenum Out for the Season...  B)