Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time to give Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah the respect he has earned
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
That's a bit of a slobbering article considering that Dobbs wasn't even KAM's first choice--John Wolford was, due to the KOC/Rams connection.

I'm not ready to crown KAM because frat bro journalist yells "Dude!" but I think he's doing better as time goes by.
Agreed. These young sportswriters get pretty hyperbolic today. But the gist of the article is correct, IMO.
That is what I am saying.  Yes, it is looking better, but cut back on the gushing just a bit.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Sorry, but imo it's definitely not time. His first draft is arguably one of our franchise's worse. Let's wait to see the next draft before we give him accolades. 
Hmmm.  Either you have a short memory, or aren't old enough to remember some really doozies.  Like Erasmus James, Dimitrius Underwood, Troy Williamson...shall I keep going?

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
@FLVike said:
Sorry, but imo it's definitely not time. His first draft is arguably one of our franchise's worse. Let's wait to see the next draft before we give him accolades. 
Hmmm.  Either you have a short memory, or aren't old enough to remember some really doozies.  Like Erasmus James, Dimitrius Underwood, Troy Williamson...shall I keep going?
Yeah, its nothing close to the franchise's worst Draft. 

The article states giving Kwesi the respect he deserves, and that's it.  The posters that can't give him any credit exaggerate that statement by saying things like they won't crown him "GM of the year" or "Kwesi is a genius".  That article didn't mention anything like those over the top descriptions.  It does mention fans with an agenda against Kwesi, however, and it's easy to spot those Longshippers.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
The article states giving Kwesi the respect he deserves, and that's it.  The posters that can't give him any credit exaggerate that statement by saying things like they won't crown him "GM of the year" or "Kwesi is a genius".  That article didn't mention anything like those over the top descriptions.  It does mention fans with an agenda against Kwesi, however, and it's easy to spot those Longshippers.
The KAM haters were in their heyday from weeks 1 to 4. Not so much now. But they lie in wait, ready to pounce on the next loss.

[Image: crouching-tiger-unknown.jpg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
The KAM haters were in their heyday from weeks 1 to 4. Not so much now. But they lie in wait, ready to pounce on the next loss.

And you were certainly one of them my friend...

I'm not a believer in the guy yet, but I'm just enjoying the ride for what it is and letting the season play out. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:

And you were certainly one of them my friend...

I'm not a believer in the guy yet, but I'm just enjoying the ride for what it is and letting the season play out. 
Nope, I wasn't. I said give him time. But at the same time I also mentioned things he's done that could certainly be considered non-optimal. You don't have to be one or the other. Nobody's perfect, I recognize that. I also love KOC, but I bagged on him for turtling in the 2nd half Sunday. 

Listen, there were some members here that were ready to completely clean house after Week 3. And that's crazy. Were you one? I don't remember if you were or not. 

Some people are like well that may not have been his first choice and the trade wouldn't have been made if Cousins wasn't injured. Uh duh Captain Obvious. But other teams make trades and other players get injured. Some people would have been pissed if there was no trade. The yeah but crowd is always going to be there moving the goal posts and contorting things to not give any credit. 

The KAM lovers are in their heyday now. Not so much from weeks 1 to 4.  They were just lying in wait ready to pounce. Now just wait until the next loss for them to disappear again..

Quote: @FLVike said:
The KAM lovers are in their heyday now. Not so much from weeks 1 to 4.  They were just lying in wait ready to pounce. Now just wait until the next loss for them to disappear again..
Lol exactly, which why I suggest to everyone...let's just enjoy the ride for what it is and let the season play out. We've seen two completely different teams and which one we truly are is anybody guess at this point. We can better assess KAM and the roster at seasons end..