Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Barr is back!
Quote: @"DeepFreeze05" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are planning to reunite with linebacker Anthony Barr, who visited the Philadelphia Eagles hours before a report of his return to Minnesota.Barr made headlines for his visit with the Eagles on Monday, November 13, before the Vikings moved in quickly, given an open spot at linebacker following Jordan Hicks‘ hospitalization with a compartment disorder in his right leg.
Barr ultimately chose to return to his home of eight seasons — Minnesota.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikin...hicks-nfl/

Sounds like Philly wanted him too - once a Viking, always a Viking.  SKOL!

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are planning to reunite with linebacker Anthony Barr, who visited the Philadelphia Eagles hours before a report of his return to Minnesota.Barr made headlines for his visit with the Eagles on Monday, November 13, before the Vikings moved in quickly, given an open spot at linebacker following Jordan Hicks‘ hospitalization with a compartment disorder in his right leg.
Barr ultimately chose to return to his home of eight seasons — Minnesota.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikin...hicks-nfl/

Sounds like Philly wanted him too - once a Viking, always a Viking.  SKOL!
I don't know what he has left in the tank, but I'm sure will get his best coming back to Minnesota.

[Image: XEOFGm8q_normal.jpg]
Brian Flores on Anthony Barr: "“His role, it’ll be what he makes it over the course of this week. ... He’s played inside backer... outside backer... up at the line of scrimmage. I think you can kind of envision him playing in some spots or some things that we do. ...
Flores: "He can do some of the things that D.J. Wonnum does, some of the things that Hicks does, some of the things that [Josh] Metellus does. But all those things, it took those guys a little bit of time to learn it. We’ll see how this goes.”
Barr met with inside linebackers coach Mike Siravo on Tuesday, typically a player’s off day, as coaches work to get him up to speed on the defense before evaluating his physical ability in practices this week. Barr last played Jan. 22 for Cowboys

The jersey color will be familiar for veteran linebacker Anthony Barr. The jersey number will be a little bit different.After signing with the Vikings this week, Barr learned his usual No. 55 jersey was occupied by rookie pass rusher Andre Carter. Instead of trying to negotiate a number swap, which is common for NFL players, Barr chose No. 54 in honor of veteran linebacker Eric Kendricks, a former Vikings teammate who currently plays for the Los Angeles Chargers.
Fitting since they were good friends in college at UCLA before reuniting in the NFL and spending the better part of a decade as key contributors for the Vikings.
“I called EK and asked him if it was cool,” Barr said. “He gave me his blessing.”
The next step for the 31-year-old Barr will be getting himself ready to play in an actual game. He technically is on the Vikings’ practice squad now while he knocks off the rust. He hasn’t played since suiting up for the Dallas Cowboys last season.
“It’s been a little bit,” Barr said. “I know how to prepare and what I need to do to get to where I’ve got to get to.”
The decision to reunite with Barr came in response the Vikings needing to place veteran linebacker Jordan Hicks on injured reserve in the aftermath of him having emergency surgery over the weekend. There is no timetable for when Hicks will be back to 100 percent.
“It happened quickly,” Barr said. “Obviously, with Jordan’s injury there’s a role that needs to be filled. That’s going to be somewhat by committee. I think I bring something to the table, and I’m looking forward to doing that.”
Though the hardest part for Barr will be learning everything defensive coordinator Brian Flores has in place, he noted the style of defense is what attracted him back to the Vikings in the first place.
“They play very fast and aggressive,” Barr said. “It fits what I do best.”
How does he plan to pick up on things?
“Just be a sponge,” he said. “These guys have been doing it for quite a while now. I’ll lean on some of the guys that have been in the system. Just try to learn as quickly as I can.”
It might help that Barr has been following the Vikings this season.
“It was cool watching football on Sundays from the couch,” he said with a laugh. “I see why everybody likes it so much.”
https://www.twincities.com/2023/11/15/anthony-barr-returns-to-vikings-wearing-no-54-he-got-the-blessing-of-good-friend-eric-kendricks/

All this Barr talk harkens me back to early Zimmer (circa 2015)

Anyone else remember the Donut Club?

[Image: vikingsdonutclub_0009_groupshotjpg.jpg]