Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow
Quote: @"FLVike" said:
Our first drive:
1st down - I called hand-off to Mattison for no gainPlay - Hand-off to Mattison for hardly nothing.
2nd down - I called short pass under 5 yards.Play - Quick wr screen to the right for no gain.
3rd down and long - I call 10 yard incomplete pass down field.Play - incomplete pass about 10 yards down field.
4th down - punt.
How'd you do with your predictions the rest of the game?  B)

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Our first drive:
1st down - I called hand-off to Mattison for no gainPlay - Hand-off to Mattison for hardly nothing.
2nd down - I called short pass under 5 yards.Play - Quick wr screen to the right for no gain.
3rd down and long - I call 10 yard incomplete pass down field.Play - incomplete pass about 10 yards down field.
4th down - punt.
How'd you do with your predictions the rest of the game?  B)
I was wrong about everything else with the exception of when they give it to Mattison I said why? just why waste a down?

Another WOW about this game I haven't seen mentioned but with Dobbs not having any practice, a backup left tackle playing, backup receivers they only had 1penalty in the entire game.

@"AGRforever" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Our first drive:
4th down - punt.
You’re damn near a mondern day nostradamus. Thank you for blessing us with your knowledge. 

It was more of a sarcastic prediction hoping that I would be wrong. Like you guys were surprised at those plays? I seriously doubt it.
What else would you expect with a rookie QB first start on the road?  Get the butterflies out and then let it roll.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"FLVike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Our first drive:
4th down - punt.
You’re damn near a mondern day nostradamus. Thank you for blessing us with your knowledge. 

It was more of a sarcastic prediction hoping that I would be wrong. Like you guys were surprised at those plays? I seriously doubt it.
What else would you expect with a rookie QB first start on the road?  Get the butterflies out and then let it roll.

Well let's see, if I expected it and you expected it then I'm sure the Falcons expected it.
My reasoning;1) If I'm a QB in the NFL then I will definitely be confident in myself to throw the ball on my first play. Especially if that's all I do, every day and dreamed of this moment since I was a child.2) Play action on first down would have been a much better play call and would have given Hall even more confidence rather than wait until 3rd and long to allow him to throw when EVERYONE knew what was coming,3) This is the NFL, not little league.

@"greediron" said:
@"FLVike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Our first drive:
4th down - punt.

Well let's see, if I expected it and you expected it then I'm sure the Falcons expected it.
My reasoning;1) If I'm a QB in the NFL then I will definitely be confident in myself to throw the ball on my first play. Especially if that's all I do, every day and dreamed of this moment since I was a child.2) Play action on first down would have been a much better play call and would have given Hall even more confidence rather than wait until 3rd and long to allow him to throw when EVERYONE knew what was coming,3) This is the NFL, not little league.
That all seems to make sense.  But...

1. If I was a coach in the NFL, I might have some reasons that other non-NFL coaches might not understand.
2. An NFL coach that has played  in the NFL might understand butterflies and not want to increase them
3. The defense might think a run is too  obvious  and be ready to expect the unexpected 

@"AGRforever" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Our first drive:
4th down - punt.

Any Viking fan who can't predict Mattison on first down for no gain just isn't paying attention.