Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC is riding with Jaren Hall
Wasn't his first look, came in ice cold. Nice.

from r/minnesotavikings

Very curious where he was throwing on the fumble.  Looked like he was winding up for at least a second level sideline pass.  Anyone have the all-22 here?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/rgiii/status/1719411...13803?s=46&t=me5bPOWVwcrP0Ok7FjqwLQ
I have been consistently impressed with RG III and his ability to analyze and breakdown game tape.  I think it is pretty significant for him to go out of way and provide this level of confidence in Hall's play.  

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Wasn't his first look, came in ice cold. Nice.

from r/minnesotavikings
He did look pretty calm, deep in his own end and seeing the first read wasn't open then finding his 2nd read.

R-E-L-A-X

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
One thing in Hall's favor, he will be less hesitant than Cousins to use his legs if the pocket breaks down...
As long as he doesn't start relying on it. 

Quote: @"El_Padre" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think Hall gets the start in Atlanta and if he plays well he could just keep going.

Dobbs is the veteran security blanket if Hall falters. But I think he'll need at least a couple weeks before he's even close to ready to run this offense. 
A couple weeks?! Hopefully Hall plays well and holds him off, but if Hall comes out and throws 3 picks in the first half vs Atlanta, I almost guarantee Dobbs gets the ball in the second half.
Hall's leash is shorter than Bryce Young IMO. KO even said yesterday that Hall will start but Dobbs could play this weekend.
It's definitely possible. KOC is going to go with the guy he trusts based on what he's seen in practice. We have no idea who that is.

But on the surface I think I'd rather go with the guy who knows the offense. I like the Dobbs signing, but putting in a guy who is completely unfamiliar with the play calls, the routes, the depths, the protections...could be a recipe for disaster. 

I know teams have ways to simplify things for situations like this, but much of that relies on a strong running game, which we don't have. 

if we see Dobbs this weekend IMO,  its very very bad news for Hall,  no way you would ever want a 5 day QB to be playing.

Makes you think of the Josh Freeman experience. 
 Exactly where my mind went.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
One thing in Hall's favor, he will be less hesitant than Cousins to use his legs if the pocket breaks down...
As long as he doesn't start relying on it. 
Thats very triggering...

Thx, back to therapy now. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am looking forward to see what Hall brings,  I think he will do fine,  will have a few hiccups along the way,  but will add elements to the offense that have been missing to offset them.  I am not expecting greatness,   but I am betting he will do enough good things along the way that we will have some good discussions about the QB spot around here after the season.
Great analysis.

Let's take a moment to congratulate Josh Dobbs: he doesn't have to pay for his meals anymore!  :p

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...m-facility