Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a real tough one for the team
Jaren Hall is ass, and we don’t have a running game to hide/protect him. The Vikings are about to look like the Hawkeyes. I’ll bet everything in my FanDuel account we lose to the Falcons

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
Jaren Hall is ass, and we don’t have a running game to hide/protect him. The Vikings are about to look like the Hawkeyes. I’ll bet everything in my FanDuel account we lose to the Falcons
I might have bet on the Vikings next week with Cousins, but I agree everything is setting-up for an emotional let-down minimally. 

4 wins today? Probably 6 for the year now. ITs not like the D is very stout either. 

Is what it is now...

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
Even considering emotions of the moment, that is pretty harsh commentary for a rookie QB that has not played but a few snaps in this league.  What happened today with Kirk's injury truly sucks, but part of the game.  We had a solid run with a really good and durable QB.  I see no reason to take a giant dump on Hall.  I am intrigued to see what he can do at this point.  Did any of you see the Levis's game today coming or did that catch you by surprise?  Let's see what Hall can do.  I am optimistic, not about winning the division and getting the the SB, but rather seeing if the drop off is minimal and he shows promise.  He is much more athletic than Kirk and was a pretty damn accurate passer in college, so I hope the transition is smoother than a lot of people think it will be.  As always, we shall see.  Hope is all we have right now until we see things take shape.  I think Hall is better that Ridder on the team you think will smoke us next week.  We shall see....

Quote: @"Psyched Vike" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
Even considering emotions of the moment, that is pretty harsh commentary for a rookie QB that has not played but a few snaps in this league.  What happened today with Kirk's injury truly sucks, but part of the game.  We had a solid run with a really good and durable QB.  I see no reason to take a giant dump on Hall.  I am intrigued to see what he can do at this point.  Did any of you see the Levis's game today coming or did that catch you by surprise?  Let's see what Hall can do.  I am optimistic, not about winning the division and getting the the SB, but rather seeing if the drop off is minimal and he shows promise.  He is much more athletic than Kirk and was a pretty damn accurate passer in college, so I hope the transition is smoother than a lot of people think it will be.  As always, we shall see.  Hope is all we have right now until we see things take shape.  I think Hall is better that Ridder on the team you think will smoke us next week.  We shall see....
Hall played PLENTY in the preseason. He showed absolutely nothing to warrant any optimism other than we haven’t seen him suck in the regular season yet. If Mullens weren’t on IR, the closest he’d be to the field would be holding a clipboard. Ridder isn’t great, but he’s MILES better than Hall.

Atlanta’s defense is going to absolutely murder Jaren next week. They will throw 10 in the box and dare the Vikings to put the game on his shoulders.  If the Vikings can get in field goal range at any point they’ll be lucky

Ok preseason was against the scrubs too. They picked Hall for a reason, they have to give him a shot. There are no really good options to pick up (other than Brady or Brissett, maybe Dalton). It is what it is. This is the reality now. 

In fact it wouldn’t surprise me if they sign Colt McCoy and toss him out there after 3 days learning our offense as opposed to letting Hall get turned inside out. 

Mark my words…if they march Hall out there for the remainder of the season, they are absolutely knowingly tanking

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Ok preseason was against the scrubs too. They picked Hall for a reason, they have to give him a shot. There are no really good options to pick up (other than Brady or Brissett, maybe Dalton). It is what it is. This is the reality now. 
oh i agree 100%. Ain’t no one coming in, learning this system and personnel, and saving this season. 

I’m just saying that Jaren Hall showed nothing against the scrubs he played against in the preseason that should lead anyone to believe he’s going to remotely have any success against first stringers. I’m honestly not a Kwesi hater, but the jury is still out on his player evaluation skills. 

As a back-up QB I would give Hall a 90% chance of beating one team in the NFL, guess which one.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
As a back-up QB I would give Hall a 90% chance of beating one team in the NFL, guess which one.
Are you talking on our schedule?? Because I honestly don’t see another win on our schedule. 

As the teams currently sit, I'd say we might have a puncher’s chance against the Giants or maybe Arizona. 

Quote:

Atlanta’s defense is going to absolutely murder Jaren next week. They will throw 10 in the box and dare the Vikings to put the game on his shoulders.  If the Vikings can get in field goal range at any point they’ll be lucky
This is my biggest fear. Teams used to stack 10 in the box when the Vikings had Adrian because the QB play was shit. I see teams stacking up against the run and daring the Vikings to let Hall beat them.

It could be ugly.