Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears game..
Mattisons drops are mostly inexcusable,  but the lack of run game production is back on the OL, when the holes are there,  he is hitting them for the most part,  but far to often he is being hit as he is getting the ball or trying to find a hole that isnt available,   and partially the passing game.  when teams are eating the run game alive by stacking the box,  the team has to pass out of it and lame ass screens arent going to get it done,  you need WR to win one on ones quickly and get behind that 2nd row of defenders quickly and Cousins needs to hit them with catchable passes,  this fucking notion that if it touches a receivers hands it should be caught is about as stupid of a football take as their is.  If a receiver does everything they humanly can to catch a poorly thrown ball,  thats not the receivers fault,  maybe the QB can put the ball in a better location or use proper velocity/touch.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think what we saw yesterday, is mostly
KOC’s offensive design and Kirk’s limitations.  Obviously just my gut opinion, but I think
Kirk takes an extra little while to really pick up an offense.  I think with our scheme being so heavily
based on having specific play designs that are based on maximizing JJ’s
production, what do you do when he’s not there? 
Can you just drop Addison or KJ into his role and run the play as it is
supposed to be run without getting a huge dropoff?  How big is the playbook of non-JJ specific
plays that are ingrained into Kirks muscle memory?  How much muscle memory does Kirk have for the
whole route if he frequently just finds JJ and throws it there?  I just think KOC had to change up enough of
the passing game, and Kirks out there having to go through his growing pains
again.  I’m not certain what’s up with our
run game, but I think Mattison and Akers have to be splitting time 50-50 and
see what shakes out.

I will admit I was wrong,  our OL got no push in the run game,  Kirk looked like shit once again.  I am really disappointed in Mattison though,  he is not playing near the level that we have seen from him in the past.  Maybe he got to comfortable,  or maybe he is pressing.

Division games are usually ugly but this one seemed more so. The offense was atrocious. Kudos to the defense. How embarrassing that a rookie qb almost lead them back. The next 3 weeks or so are going to be something. Also the Bears were basically on the bottom of the barrel with rbs and still were doing well but went away from the run. I expected ugly and that's what we got

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Mattison is so average its not even funny 
He's a back up.

Bottom 3 PFF grades for the game:

3. Ingram 54.8
2. Mattison 51.4
1. Powell 50.5

3. Ingram 54.8
2. Mattison 51.4
1. Powell 50.5
 I think Risner got some playing time yesterday? 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:

3. Ingram 54.8
2. Mattison 51.4
1. Powell 50.5
 I think Risner got some playing time yesterday? 

Yes when Cleveland left with injury

2. Mattison 51.4
KOC running 50% of the offense through this guy is the biggest head-scratcher ever.

early in the game Fields gets sacked and seems injured training team runs out on the field---they go to commercial.  After commercial announcer says fields says he's fine and he goes right on playing.  I thought if training staff goes o  the field player x has to come out for at least one play.