Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers
Quote: @mblack said:
It is just depressing watching the 49ers. They are a complete team. Brock Purdy is really good.
How can a team be so lucky? Sighs

Their talent level shows just how big of a gap there is between the Vikings and truly being a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@medaille said:
@comet52 said:
@mblack said:
It is just depressing watching the 49ers. They are a complete team. Brock Purdy is really good.
How can a team be so lucky? Sighs
Smart hires in the front office and at hc.  Not luck.  Luck is the Wilf's strategy.  
Some would say that all their diversity hires really paid off.

GMs (2): Rick and KAM
Head Coaches (4): Chilly, Les, Zimmer and KOC

Last I checked no coach or GM under the Wilf ownership took part in the big dance. So, I am not sure what your point is but to each their own.
I read it that it was the compensatory picks the niners got for their minority personnel that got poached.
Yeah, that was the joke I was making.  A small handful of people were railing on the
Vikings for their diversity hires, meanwhile the 49ers received 3x 3rd
round picks this year because of their “diversity hires” that got poached.

Oh my...

The cowpoke fans are crying in their beers today - exposed for what they are (a non contender).

Mistakes all over the place in that franchise
Prescott
McCarthy 
Jones

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Oh my...

The cowpoke fans are crying in their beers today - exposed for what they are (a non contender).

Mistakes all over the place in that franchise
Prescott
McCarthy 
Jones
They are a team that is run by owners. They inherited a very favorable situation early on, and had great success.
But the decisions they have made more recently haven't panned out so well.
There are a number of other teams with strong owner influence. I hope the Vikings aren't one of those teams.
I don't think they are. But one thing that worries me about the Vikings owners is their willingness to take a chance on front office and coaching personnel who lack experience. Hope goes a long way, but experience is like money in the bank.