Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you can not tell me the nfl is not rigged
The NFL must be some kinda mafia family.  Does a new owner have to take an oath of silence, the so-called omerta?  No one has ever come out with a tell-all confession of how the NFL has deliberately rigged games for 50 years.  Like the mafia, you break omerta, you die. 

I have seen a vial stolen from a secret vault in an undisclosed location which contains actual drops of blood from Zygmunt and Mark's initiation ceremony where they took the blood oath and joined the conspiracy.

The sucky part is, the conspiracy keeps rigging it for other teams and fucking the Vikings.  If I were the Wilfs I'd say....[Image: thisaggression_zpsfc6f2509.gif]

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Wake me up when the Vikings are good enough, bad officiating won't make a difference!
Have you considered cryogenics…?  Wink B)  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Wake me up when the Vikings are good enough, bad officiating won't make a difference!
Have you considered cryogenics…?  Wink B)  
Its not long enough!  :p

Quote: @"comet52" said:
The NFL must be some kinda mafia family.  Does a new owner have to take an oath of silence, the so-called omerta?  No one has ever come out with a tell-all confession of how the NFL has deliberately rigged games for 50 years.  Like the mafia, you break omerta, you die. 

I have seen a vial stolen from a secret vault in an undisclosed location which contains actual drops of blood from Zygmunt and Mark's initiation ceremony where they took the blood oath and joined the conspiracy.

The sucky part is, the conspiracy keeps rigging it for other teams and fucking the Vikings.  If I were the Wilfs I'd say....[Image: thisaggression_zpsfc6f2509.gif]

How much did it cost Tice when he broke the code of silence? Remember a certain letter from the NFL with an apology for, I think it was 12 or 13 bad calls in one game at Green Bay that all went against the vikings...not saying its a conspiracy. But there are games when a particular team seems to get all the questionable calls.

There was also when they weren't call roughing the QB against Cam Newton, because as it was reported, the official told him, you're a big guy, you can take it. That certainly isn't something they ever told Brady or Rodgers.

the refs called a penalty last night on the packers ( illegal man down field ) they marked it off resetting the ball 5 yards back, and then without further explanation they reset the ball back to the previous spot,  when called on it, the in show referee apologist said that the review official ( in the booth official ) called down and corrected it.  Is this a real thing?  How come I have never hear of this bull shit before where a penalty gets overturned,  without challenge,  by an official not even on the field?

No matter what anyone says, the 4th down play was PI on Addison. Absolutely no question. That is the reason why an official threw the flag. because it was PI.
I can understand getting upset if there was no flag, but how are we fans suppose to react when;1) Clearly pass interference2) Flag is thrown3) Then ref says no penalty without explanation

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
@"comet52" said:

How much did it cost Tice when he broke the code of silence? Remember a certain letter from the NFL with an apology for, I think it was 12 or 13 bad calls in one game at Green Bay that all went against the vikings...not saying its a conspiracy. But there are games when a particular team seems to get all the questionable calls.

There was also when they weren't call roughing the QB against Cam Newton, because as it was reported, the official told him, you're a big guy, you can take it. That certainly isn't something they ever told Brady or Rodgers.
It's funny you mention that particular game.  If any NFL game was ever rigged it might have been that one.  Refs with moneyline line bets on a heavy favorite, in danger of losing the cash.  Possibly in the pockets of criminals?   I think Florio said that ref crew was quietly fired after the season.  It seems the league had reasons for keeping it quiet.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
No matter what anyone says, the 4th down play was PI on Addison. Absolutely no question. That is the reason why an official threw the flag. because it was PI.
I can understand getting upset if there was no flag, but how are we fans suppose to react when;1) Clearly pass interference2) Flag is thrown3) Then ref says no penalty without explanation
 Can’t disagree with that. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Bad officiating can be bad officiating without being part of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.
Yes. And do sometimes stars/teams get some calls? I won't discount it. If you hadn't brushed your teeth well enough and Tom Brady got a whiff, you'd get a penalty. But conspiracy? Too much to lose. 
What would be the logical non-conspiracy reason why “stars/teams
get the calls”?  Are the refs just too
star-struck to be objective?

I don't know if they're star struck, possibly, probably, but celebrity QBs do seem to get more calls. It's not a conspiracy. It's just humans being human. I think one day human refs will be eliminated from the game. 
I guess you’re going to have to explain to me how “humans being
human” leads to “stars” and the “storyline teams” getting more beneficial
calls for me to think that is any more plausible than they’re choosing to make calls
because they are biased. 

Because bias, more often than not, is unwitting. You don't know you're doing it. And even if it is occasionally intentional on the part of some refs who might love them some Favre, Brady, Mahomes, etc., that's a LONG ways from the kind of organized, concerted effort by a group of refs that would be required to satisfy the definition of "conspiracy." 

I can’t go as far as “conspiracy “ but I’ve seen the bias.  I played basketball in the ACC and with MJ, James, we got calls.  Then I saw Duke get questionable calls.  Trust me money goes a long way.     Is Mahomes good? Of course he is. No conspiracy. Kelce? Of course. But they are the darlings of the money machine NFL. When is the last time you haven’t watched a Patrick Mahomes and lo and behold a football game broke out.   Mahomes is the face.  Kelce “dating”Taylor Swift.   Gotta keep it rolling.   Not a conspiracy but some of the questionable calls are not so subtle. 

Quote: @"hpertrain" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Bad officiating can be bad officiating without being part of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.
Yes. And do sometimes stars/teams get some calls? I won't discount it. If you hadn't brushed your teeth well enough and Tom Brady got a whiff, you'd get a penalty. But conspiracy? Too much to lose. 
What would be the logical non-conspiracy reason why “stars/teams
get the calls”?  Are the refs just too
star-struck to be objective?

I don't know if they're star struck, possibly, probably, but celebrity QBs do seem to get more calls. It's not a conspiracy. It's just humans being human. I think one day human refs will be eliminated from the game. 
I guess you’re going to have to explain to me how “humans being
human” leads to “stars” and the “storyline teams” getting more beneficial
calls for me to think that is any more plausible than they’re choosing to make calls
because they are biased. 

Because bias, more often than not, is unwitting. You don't know you're doing it. And even if it is occasionally intentional on the part of some refs who might love them some Favre, Brady, Mahomes, etc., that's a LONG ways from the kind of organized, concerted effort by a group of refs that would be required to satisfy the definition of "conspiracy." 

I can’t go as far as “conspiracy “ but I’ve seen the bias.  I played basketball in the ACC and with MJ, James, we got calls.  Then I saw Duke get questionable calls.  Trust me money goes a long way.     Is Mahomes good? Of course he is. No conspiracy. Kelce? Of course. But they are the darlings of the money machine NFL. When is the last time you haven’t watched a Patrick Mahomes and lo and behold a football game broke out.   Mahomes is the face.  Kelce “dating”Taylor Swift.   Gotta keep it rolling.   Not a conspiracy but some of the questionable calls are not so subtle. 
It's not a conspiracy, that's my only point. But I would certainly agree that bias plays a role.

Not to relive the misery, but even non-Viking fans noticed. This guy breaks down the 4th down play pretty well. I don't agree with the roughing the passer, but the other two are pretty blatant non-calls IMO. 

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1...69202?s=20