• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Akers
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Swapping 2026 late round picks, yes 2026…!  B) 
Somebody really needed to show a win here,  not a very big win mind you,  but a win nonetheless. 
Kwazy like a fox, trading the next GM’s picks, I like it…!  Wink B)  
3 drafts from now?  I'm not sure that I've heard of a trade 3 years out with next to no compensation.  I'd assume we're trading a 7th for a 6th or similar?
I think this tells you everything you need to know. Its nothing. It's less than nothing. It's a joke really. And I'm not even kidding about that. 

I think the Rams would've just released him. But they saw an opportunity to show a guy with an attitude problem and an inflated belief in his own value just what his true value was on the market. 

Akers has ability, actually a very good athlete. But not sure about his temperament or work ethic. As you mention, he's picked up for next to nothing. And he's only 24 years old. 
A no-cost addition to add depth and stability to the RB room. I don't think there's any guarantee that Akers even beats out Chandler for RB2, but I do think he's a much better option than Gaskin, who's still on the PS btw. Some solid depth at RB now. 

Sometimes, a change of scenery or culture is all that is needed.  To wit:  Cris Carter.

@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Somebody really needed to show a win here,  not a very big win mind you,  but a win nonetheless. 
3 drafts from now?  I'm not sure that I've heard of a trade 3 years out with next to no compensation.  I'd assume we're trading a 7th for a 6th or similar?
I think this tells you everything you need to know. Its nothing. It's less than nothing. It's a joke really. And I'm not even kidding about that. 

I think the Rams would've just released him. But they saw an opportunity to show a guy with an attitude problem and an inflated belief in his own value just what his true value was on the market. 

Akers has ability, actually a very good athlete. But not sure about his temperament or work ethic. As you mention, he's picked up for next to nothing. And he's only 24 years old. 
I didn't see any juice in him coming out of college and he doesn't look explosive after the Achilles.  I thought he was overrated coming into the NFL. I'd be surprised if he ends up being our lead back.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

I didn't see any juice in him coming out of college and he doesn't look explosive after the Achilles.  I thought he was overrated coming into the NFL. I'd be surprised if he ends up being our lead back.
Oh, I don't think he's going to be the lead back. And the Rams gave up on him for some reason. I sincerely doubt he'll be a Viking next season.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

A no-cost addition to add depth and stability to the RB room. I don't think there's any guarantee that Akers even beats out Chandler for RB2, but I do think he's a much better option than Gaskin, who's still on the PS btw. Some solid depth at RB now. 
I actually think he is a similar player to Gaskin, but he is coming from a team that dumped him cause of his attitude and work ethic, so I think it is a risky move to bring in that kind of personality to a team that hasn't really found an identity yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is does not make it through the season on the active roster.  

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Sometimes, a change of scenery or culture is all that is needed.  To wit:  Cris Carter.
Yeah, but for every Cris Carter, there's the other 99.9% that don't change and continue to suck.

Where does this roster spot come from?  Is this just from Nailor going to IR?  So when he's ready to come back we probably have to decide which RB to get rid of?

Quote: @medaille said:
Where does this roster spot come from?  Is this just from Nailor going to IR?  So when he's ready to come back we probably have to decide which RB to get rid of?
Davenport will be on IR by then  Confused

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@medaille said:
Davenport will be on IR by then  Confused
Or Bradbury and his bad back.

@Montana Tom said:
Yeah, but for every Cris Carter, there's the other 99.9% that don't change and continue to suck.
Like I said Sticky..."Sometimes..."