• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-2
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
And both losses to NFC teams. Crazy bad turnovers. Injuries to the offensive line that can't afford it. D-line issues. Cousins keeps slinging it despite getting pounded. Looks bleak. The team has some talent, but lack it in 2 very important areas: iOL and iDL. 

Anyway......is it too early to talk NFL Draft?  :p
It's never too early to talk draft. Witness the several draft threads already going. 

But 0-2 presents an interesting dilemma regarding the draft. It's too early now obviously, but if the Vikings can't get healthy and can't stop shooting themselves in the foot, this team could flip the switch from a '23 to a '24 focus. 

Trade deadline is Oct. 31st. Vikings will have played 8 games. I think if we're 3-5 or worse at that point, we could see them move a player like Hunter for '24 draft capital.
I dont even think you wait that long,   if they cant turn it around in the next 2 games,  the season is pretty much over.  sure 1-3 or even 0-4 could somehow turn into a wild card,  and maybe the team will catch fire,  but lets look at the odds and just start selling early.  the return will be better 4 games in than 8 games in,  so why wait for the deadline and other teams looking to dump their players at the deadline?
Because it's unrealistic. It's very likely the Vikings think of themselves as a playoff team and will operate as such until it's out of reach. Right now the Vikings are more likely to buy than sell players. 
anybody looking at this team and thinking playoffs are the unrealistic ones... what was the stat  0-2 start equals an 11% shot at the playoffs?  sure its likely a little higher now with the extra game and half the division making the playoffs,  but 0-2 is 0-2,  and still facing a very tough schedule,  and thats reality.
It might be your reality. It's always your reality. But I can guarantee you it's not the team's. 
lol,  you may want to go look up the definition or reality, and just because you and maybe some on the team want to think that things will turn around and this team will suddenly be a real contender,  does not make it realistic,  just makes you a homer,  and with your views on it being more about entertainment value than team success.... nothing wrong with that.  I can be entertained other ways,  I want to see this team get back to kicking ass,  and we are no where near close to that this year.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
And both losses to NFC teams. Crazy bad turnovers. Injuries to the offensive line that can't afford it. D-line issues. Cousins keeps slinging it despite getting pounded. Looks bleak. The team has some talent, but lack it in 2 very important areas: iOL and iDL. 

It's never too early to talk draft. Witness the several draft threads already going. 

But 0-2 presents an interesting dilemma regarding the draft. It's too early now obviously, but if the Vikings can't get healthy and can't stop shooting themselves in the foot, this team could flip the switch from a '23 to a '24 focus. 

Trade deadline is Oct. 31st. Vikings will have played 8 games. I think if we're 3-5 or worse at that point, we could see them move a player like Hunter for '24 draft capital.
I dont even think you wait that long,   if they cant turn it around in the next 2 games,  the season is pretty much over.  sure 1-3 or even 0-4 could somehow turn into a wild card,  and maybe the team will catch fire,  but lets look at the odds and just start selling early.  the return will be better 4 games in than 8 games in,  so why wait for the deadline and other teams looking to dump their players at the deadline?
Because it's unrealistic. It's very likely the Vikings think of themselves as a playoff team and will operate as such until it's out of reach. Right now the Vikings are more likely to buy than sell players. 
anybody looking at this team and thinking playoffs are the unrealistic ones... what was the stat  0-2 start equals an 11% shot at the playoffs?  sure its likely a little higher now with the extra game and half the division making the playoffs,  but 0-2 is 0-2,  and still facing a very tough schedule,  and thats reality.
It might be your reality. It's always your reality. But I can guarantee you it's not the team's. 
lol,  you may want to go look up the definition or reality, and just because you and maybe some on the team want to think that things will turn around and this team will suddenly be a real contender,  does not make it realistic,  just makes you a homer,  and with your views on it being more about entertainment value than team success.... nothing wrong with that.  I can be entertained other ways,  I want to see this team get back to kicking ass,  and we are no where near close to that this year.
This has nothing to do with you or me, Mr. Jimmy. It's about what the team thinks. Fans offer up stupid ideas every damn week. But to think the team will or should break it down in week two is just silly. Its wildly unrealistic and not even worth talking about. Week 8 or 9 might be a different story. 

Quote: @"Chuckf" said:
pretty much sums it up Sticky!
Wheres Guru?

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

This has nothing to do with you or me, Mr. Jimmy. It's about what the team thinks. Fans offer up stupid ideas every damn week. But to think the team will or should break it down in week two is just silly. Its wildly unrealistic and not even worth talking about. Week 8 or 9 might be a different story. 
Go back and read what I wrote,  I said by week 4,  if they are sitting 0-4 or 1-3,  that would be my trigger point was what I said.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yeah, to think the Vikings as an organization are already set to dismantle the team after 2 games is wishful thinking for those that weren't down with the competitive rebuild in the first place. Absolutely no way right now. They've had 7 turnovers in those games, get rid of those and they are 2-0.....despite their obvious flaws. 

Things could change, but not in September/early October.

As much as I think sending Kirk to the Jets could be a great start to a real rebuild, the Wilfs are in Fantasyland on the football front and always have been.  They won't approve it, barring a disaster.

So is there a pending disaster?  I think the Carolina game is actually the key here.  Road game on grass is not our best situation but it's a bad team we should beat.

They will probably beat the Chargers, then that game gets them back to 2-2 and breathing room.  BUT, lose it, then lose to KC, beat the Bears, lose to San Fran, then hit the road and lose at Lambeau and you are 2-6 two days before the trade deadline.  The stumbling bumbling squad I watched last night is entirely capable of hitting that mark. 

Even with a Carolina win you might still be 3-5.  Probably good enough to fuel the fantasy status quo over at TCO, but it's food for thought.

Whatever the case, this team is an audience draw because in our games people get to see things that are seldom seen or fascinating. Like in this game the fumble through the endzone, and the 61 yard fieldgoal, which all of us here knew it would be good before he  kicked it.
Hey, perhaps maybe by week 17 we can be the first team ever to fair-catch a kickoff.

The goal is to keep JJ happy this year.  Sorry but that means moving on from Kirk (unless we go 5-0 on the next 5 games), get what you can, hopefully a 1st from someone and start fresh.  Draft a young QB and use money to strengthen the interior OL.  Draft DL with the remaining high picks.

A young QB with legs and upside, a strong OL with these weapons can be an instant success (Purdy in SF is a good example)

So, if 13 wins last season was meaningless or irrelevant, how come so much weight being given to 2 losses…?

sone to be 0-3