Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Kirk to the Jets NOW
Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
There's no future in that for Kirk. He'd be left holding his sack when A-Aron comes back next year holding the American flag. It makes no sense for either franchise to give Kirk away for less than his value, and the Jets having a washed up gimp expecting to come back while a better alternative that you signed on a band-aid half year deal is standing there in your locker room.This is the most ill conceived scenario ever dreamed up in 3 seconds.
rogers is a long shot to come back,  could he, yes,  but will he?  so then if you dont make this move you waste a year of this teams window,  you are still out that 2nd rounder, and you are back to where you were prior to the rogers trade with Wilson as your starting QB, which was why you made the move for Rogers in the first place.  As far as a future for Kirk,  is he going to be worth more as a 7-8 win QB playing in MN,  or a playoff or maybe even superbowl QB playing in NY?  even if it is just a rental and he doesnt get an extension from NY,  his stock would likely be higher coming off a playoff run than a forgettable season IMO.

Rogers has a $60mm dead cap - he'll be back. That and because he wont want this injury to be the end chapter of a HOF career 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Rogers has a $60mm dead cap - he'll be back. That and because he wont want this injury to be the end chapter of a HOF career 
but hes got a long recovery, will he be dedicated to that instead of his holistic followings that have been steering him the last couple years?  I've been hearing a lot of great things on shrooms, ayahuasca, and other unconventional medicine,  but I havent heard about them fixing tendons.  I think right now he wants to come back,  but at his age,  will he have the dedication and ability to come back?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
There's no future in that for Kirk. He'd be left holding his sack when A-Aron comes back next year holding the American flag. It makes no sense for either franchise to give Kirk away for less than his value, and the Jets having a washed up gimp expecting to come back while a better alternative that you signed on a band-aid half year deal is standing there in your locker room.This is the most ill conceived scenario ever dreamed up in 3 seconds.
rogers is a long shot to come back,  could he, yes,  but will he?  so then if you dont make this move you waste a year of this teams window,  you are still out that 2nd rounder, and you are back to where you were prior to the rogers trade with Wilson as your starting QB, which was why you made the move for Rogers in the first place.  As far as a future for Kirk,  is he going to be worth more as a 7-8 win QB playing in MN,  or a playoff or maybe even superbowl QB playing in NY?  even if it is just a rental and he doesnt get an extension from NY,  his stock would likely be higher coming off a playoff run than a forgettable season IMO.
He's as much as said he'll be back. Unless he's physically unable, the Jets have hitched their wagon to him. Kirk's value will be what it is, playing pitch and catch with JJ or he'll get no credit for jumping in the driver's seat on a loaded Jets team. He'll get the Jared Goff treatment except that he's 6 yr's older. If I'm really going down that road, Minnesota shouldn't let him go for less than a 1st since the Jets seem to think he's the piece that gets them a SB, and would make that #1 pick essentially a Rd. 2 pick.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
He's as much as said he'll be back. Unless he's physically unable, the Jets have hitched their wagon to him. Kirk's value will be what it is, playing pitch and catch with JJ or he'll get no credit for jumping in the driver's seat on a loaded Jets team. He'll get the Jared Goff treatment except that he's 6 yr's older. If I'm really going down that road, Minnesota shouldn't let him go for less than a 1st since the Jets seem to think he's the piece that gets them a SB, and would make that #1 pick essentially a Rd. 2 pick.
absolutely you demand their 1st,  I wouldnt do it any other way.  Hell depending on where we would finish this year,  we could possibly end up not needing that first to get into a top 3-5 spots, ( could use a future first) and then end up being able to use the Jets first this year to add to the O or D lines.  but no,  I dont move KC for anything less than a 1.

@Zanary said:
No fan wants to tank for draft picks, so everyone suggesting that should just get your cheese hats and see yourselves out.
ah yes,  the good ol king of fandom post makes an appearance.  all hail the king.
It still costs you $5 to kiss my ring. Cash in advance.

It's the team's job to put forth the best attempt to win every game...period.  Given how many high pick QBs turn into busts, and how obviously our problems are still the protection of our QB, the constant "trade Kirk!" froth has, and remains, a waste of time and bandwidth.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:
No fan wants to tank for draft picks, so everyone suggesting that should just get your cheese hats and see yourselves out.
ah yes,  the good ol king of fandom post makes an appearance.  all hail the king.
It still costs you $5 to kiss my ring. Cash in advance.

It's the team's job to put forth the best attempt to win every game...period.  Given how many high pick QBs turn into busts, and how obviously our problems are still the protection of our QB, the constant "trade Kirk!" froth has, and remains, a waste of time and bandwidth.
and yet here you are wasting that time and bandwidth.

Kirk is at the end of his career,  like it or not we will need a new QB in a year or two,  riding Kirk to the bitter end is not going to change where we are now,  which is basically purgatory.  and if the team was really trying to win every game,  Bradbury and Ingram would not have been our starters on the OL,  our IDL would have been given the attention it deserves as well.  either the team isnt trying to win every game,  or the leadership is inept.

While I've been in favor of trading Kirk in the past as part of a sensible rebuild, I just don't know how the Jets maneuver the cap to take on both Rodgers and Cousins salary in a trade unless the Vikings took on a huge part of Kirk's salary. Even then I don't know how that would work 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
While I've been in favor of trading Kirk in the past as part of a sensible rebuild, I just don't know how the Jets maneuver the cap to take on both Rodgers and Cousins salary in a trade unless the Vikings took on a huge part of Kirk's salary. Even then I don't know how that would work 
good point about the cap,  however the Jets currently have about 10 million in cap space available,  which coincidentally is exactly what Kirks contract had for salary for this year,  of which the Vikings are now on the hook for about 1.2 million of that,  so they could make it work.

@supafreak84 said:
good point about the cap,  however the Jets currently have about 10 million in cap space available,  which coincidentally is exactly what Kirks contract had for salary for this year,  of which the Vikings are now on the hook for about 1.2 million of that,  so they could make it work.
Except for Kirk's well-known "no trade" clause, which makes this, like the previous 5 years' worth of this babble...

...you guessed it, kiddies:

a waste of time and bandwidth.

Thanks for playing!