Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Fear Serious Achilles Injury For Rodgers
Huge bummer for NYJ and Rodgers. That said, the Jets defense played great and that was pretty amazing they won that game. If Kirk got hurt on the fourth snap of a game I’d put our chances of pulling off a W somewhere around 0%.

Amazing TD grab by Wilson. Bills fans gotta be feeling a lot like us today. Let a winnable game slip through their fingers. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I suspect Wilson will play decent for them, but food for thought since they are all in on this season. The NFL trade deadline is on Halloween. Looking at the Vikings schedule I'd say there's a high probability we are under .500 at that point. Soooo at what point do you consider moving Cousins and taking what you can get for him with the Jets being pretty much an ideal trade partner if they dont make a move beforehand?
I have my doubts a mid season trade for a QB is likely move unless you are a serious contender and lose your starter.  I have to think it would take to long to get all the verbiage down and to learn all the routes and such for a new offense.   Other positions have to learn 1 position,  a QB needs to learn them all for the most part.  At this point I would say they are looking at what ever they would get for a comp pick when he walks if they choose to move on.

I echo the wow...

The tackle looked so routine too

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I suspect Wilson will play decent for them, but food for thought since they are all in on this season. The NFL trade deadline is on Halloween. Looking at the Vikings schedule I'd say there's a high probability we are under .500 at that point. Soooo at what point do you consider moving Cousins and taking what you can get for him with the Jets being pretty much an ideal trade partner if they dont make a move beforehand?
I have my doubts a mid season trade for a QB is likely move unless you are a serious contender and lose your starter.  I have to think it would take to long to get all the verbiage down and to learn all the routes and such for a new offense.   Other positions have to learn 1 position,  a QB needs to learn them all for the most part.  At this point I would say they are looking at what ever they would get for a comp pick when he walks if they choose to move on.
True and they are already down a 2nd round pick (to Packers) on the Rodgers trade. Be interesting to see what move they make at the position 

Oh...and we all know now Rodgers is going to be our starter next year, right? Following that Favre script to a tee...

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...qgDWGWI2FA&s=19
These things can happen, especially when you are going to be 40 years old in a few months. Will he want to do the rehab necessary for a comeback? Not sure I would personally.

I thought I heard Jets are on the hook for $60mm in dead cap next year on him?

Early speculation is he will come back next season. 

Other speculation now is the turf @ Met Life is not a good one? Should be grass on an outdoor stadium like that. Jets/Giants didnt want to pay additional $$$ for upkeep of grass. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I thought I heard Jets are on the hook for $60mm in dead cap next year on him?

Early speculation is he will come back next season. 

Other speculation now is the turf @ Met Life is not a good one? Should be grass on an outdoor stadium like that. Jets/Giants didnt want to pay additional $$$ for upkeep of grass. 
How would it be different then the turf in half the NFL?  That was just a bunch of players bitching about wanting grass. But when you host events at the frequency they do at Met Life, grass is unrealistic. 

Look how pissed everyone was about the grass in Chicago last year.