Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions! Enough said
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Kentis said:
Chiefs receivers stunk up the place, gifting this one to the Honolulu Blue…
Big time. A sloppy win for Detroit, but a win. 

Since the narrative by the media before the season was they are going to be good, the hype train is in full express mode. When you had a team like Minnesota last year that kept winning, they were 'lucky' each week. Interesting how that works. Expect every Lion win moving forward to be 'epic' with a 'talented roster' and 'amazing' coaching staff.

p.s. I'm always reminded every year how unwatchable Cris Collinsworth is. The hyperbole kicks in my gag reflex.
Collinsworth out of the gate was all about the Lions. He did pepper in a few compliments for Mahomes throughout the game but his narrative was laid out from the get-go. There’s definitely a hype machine chugging for them kitties….blech…

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I was just thinking how badly the Chiefs could have used someone with the promise of an Addison...
Rice might end up being a good player for them, but Kelce is clearly the straw that stirs the drink in the passing game. It's why they picked him over paying Tyreek Hill

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Rookies all looked good. They are physical on both lines and when they get Jameson Williams back in a few weeks, watch out.. 
Williams will undboubtedly help them. They have very little after Amon-Ra. But Williams has to prove he can play in the NFL first. Even when he's been healthy in camp he's been making recurring mental mistakes and dropping balls. It's too early, but the tea leaves aren't painting a happy picture for young Jameson. 
We'll see. I just think he needs to get back out on the field. I don't put too much stock into practice reports. I remember all the talk about Jamar Chase dropping balls and looking lost on his first training camp and he's turned out all right. If he turns out to be anything like he was at Bama, it takes their offense to a completely different level. Certainly hoping he busts though 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I was just thinking how badly the Chiefs could have used someone with the promise of an Addison...
Might the Vikings consider trading KJO a year before he leaves in free agency? I think the odds of this are very low. I don't think KOC wants to touch his offense. BUT if Addison is going to be the WR2, and if the Vikings really like Nailor and Powell, and with Trishton Jackson and N'Keal Harry on the PS, both of whom had good camps, it might be something they'd consider. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Lions looked improve.

No Jones, no Kelce made a big difference. 
HUGE DIFFERENCE.   You are missing two unanimous first team ALL PROS here.   Both are field tilters.   Good for Detroit and I would take it if it happened for the Vikings but lets not get too far over our skis here.   Detroit has been a tough out for everyone since Campbell arrived and will continue to be but they are certainly NOT unbeatable.

Detroit ended up winning that game with defense and a strong OL.  Those are the two things we Viking fans consider as a team weakness.  This Lions team is very well built, and if the Vikes are better, then I'd expect to see a strong showing in the playoffs.  We'll see how good the Vikings are, but I do believe the Lions are for real.

Don't forget that there was some luck last night as well but that won't be part of the narrative 

Worst part about that game is that the Lions are now 1-0 with a W in the column where I'm sure many chalked up as a loss. In order to keep pace, the Vikings will now need a W somewhere among the Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers and 49ers.

Well the KC WRs gifted Detroit 7 points, then with their drops, another missed 3 points on the board.  Doing all this without the league's best TE and the team's most dangerous (and one of the league's best DTs).  

The Lions will be good, but they are not great by any means.  Then again when you are drafting top 10 for a decade, you would hope you would turn it around at some point.  Their best players come from years of ineptitude.

If you want to crown them, be my guest, but last night's win wasn't that all impressive.

Also, when you can find a sucker that will allow you to trade up 20 spots in the first round for a stale bag of chips it doesn't hurt.