Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Broadcast options
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Started my trial of fubo,   I dont like their guide or user interface.  Makes for very clunky channel surfing.  I am a habitual surfer so the guide and other quick use buttons are kind of a must for me.  I am not sure I will ever get away from my "cable box"  ( I bought the dtv streaming box,   but most features only work on their service.   Is there a universal streaming device out there that allows for a more cable like experience like the dtv box does for their service?
I feel ya, I had an adjustment period when I went to streaming from Xfinity with the interface. If you give it some time, it will dial in on your preferences and make them easier to access by having your 'favorites' on the initial landing page (I'm speaking about YouTubeTV as I have no experience with Fubo). Netflix is also far superior of an interface than other similar services like Amazon Prime, HBO Max, etc. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Started my trial of fubo,   I dont like their guide or user interface.  Makes for very clunky channel surfing.  I am a habitual surfer so the guide and other quick use buttons are kind of a must for me.  I am not sure I will ever get away from my "cable box"  ( I bought the dtv streaming box,   but most features only work on their service.   Is there a universal streaming device out there that allows for a more cable like experience like the dtv box does for their service?
I feel ya, I had an adjustment period when I went to streaming from Xfinity with the interface. If you give it some time, it will dial in on your preferences and make them easier to access by having your 'favorites' on the initial landing page (I'm speaking about YouTubeTV as I have no experience with Fubo). Netflix is also far superior of an interface than other similar services like Amazon Prime, HBO Max, etc. 

Streaming so far is fine for movies and binge watching series,  but to just sit down and vegge in front of the tv ...it kinda sucks.

You can also chose your channel order for your guide on both Fubo and YouTube TV.  All the crap you don't want to see is at the bottom and the 10 or 15 channels you like are at the top.  Also, you can use the "down" button (for Roku anyway) while watching a show and scan through the guide without leaving your show (both Fubo and YTTV).  It's clunkier than cable, but the cost savings and freedom of streaming is well worth it for me.  I honestly don't watch that much TV, but I want my favorite channels when I do.