Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TNF Kickoff: anyone else a little concerned?
Quote: @medaille said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
I don’t really care how the Lions do.  I’m much more worried with how the Vikings
do.    As far as other teams winning SBs instead of
us, I’d much rather see fanbases with much heartbreak in their history win as
opposed to a team that’s already had so much success.  Like I don’t really feel like a strong need
to poo-poo the Lions and then watch the Chiefs or Patriots win another one.  The only thing that I think is really gross
is if Love turned out to be good.  That’s
a fanbase that needs a couple decades of middle of the road to bottom of the
barrel QBing.
No shit. I care how the Vikings do as well. But the Lions are a divisional opponent that has gotten a lot better and it will impact the NFCN race.

Nobody in the NFL operates in a vacuum.

If the Vikings are in the ballpark of being SB contenders, it
won’t really matter what the Lions do.  We’ll
still get into the playoffs, just as a WC and not the divisional champion.  We’ll play some games on the road instead of
at home.  I just can’t get excited for
being a midlevel team in a shitty division that needs everything to go right to
not lose out in the first round.  I can’t
get excited for worrying about a team that’s perennially disappointing their
fans on a regular basis.  Just give me a
Vikings team that deserves to be in the playoffs and I’ll be fine wherever the
chips end up.  I just don’t have it in me to be worried about all the
potential permutations on how we can get fucked out of the playoffs right now.
Then don't get excited. I didn't ask anyone to get 'excited', I said the Lions might be pretty good. By playing them twice a year and them also playing other games against NFCN opponents, they'll have say in the playoff seedings. Who ends up being 'midlevel' remains to be seen. Past results have nothing to do with future performance. And what does 'deserves to be in the playoffs' even mean?? You're in or you're not. If you don't have it 'in you', then quit doomcasting. Just relax.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I think the Lions will win the NFC North and maybe a playoff game or two.  They looked very good the last couple months of last year going 8-2 in their last 10 games.  They kicked our ass and the Packer's and Bears twice each during that stretch.We'll see how it plays out, but the Vikes aren't going to be "gifted" the NFCN crown this season.

So, how’s the fishing been this season Happy…?  B) 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@HappyViking said:
I think the Lions will win the NFC North and maybe a playoff game or two.  They looked very good the last couple months of last year going 8-2 in their last 10 games.  They kicked our ass and the Packer's and Bears twice each during that stretch.We'll see how it plays out, but the Vikes aren't going to be "gifted" the NFCN crown this season.

So, how’s the fishing been this season Happy…?  B) 
Not bad, but I haven't been out as often as I'd like. A few walleyes and northerns, but several monster smallmouths.  I eat those too and we had an awesome fish fry a couple weekends ago. 
[Image: xjyaf6iq9rvv.jpg]

Keepers!
[Image: voeiyc646tpi.jpg]

Gotta love those “football smallies” @HappyViking!!!  B) is that Cormorant?

No Jones, no Kelce. That's like the Vikings without Jefferson and Hunter. I know, Mahomes. But Lions could easily win this.

I added some money to bet on individual games this year for the first time ever. This might be a good one to bet the money line. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Gotta love those “football smallies” @HappyViking!!!  B) is that Cormorant?
Yeah, Big Cormorant.  I just usually go out for a couple hours in the morning.  That pic with the smallies has a 19'', 18'', and a 25'' northern.  Fun morning!

Meh...

I already put my $ on the Chiefs...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Meh...

Betting the favorite doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Now, I'm new at this so it's very possible I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but it looks like if I bet $50 on the Lions I win $90. If I bet $50 on the Chiefs I win $20.

If that's the case, I'm definitely going with the Lions. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Meh...

Betting the favorite doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Now, I'm new at this so it's very possible I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but it looks like if I bet $50 on the Lions I win $90. If I bet $50 on the Chiefs I win $20.

If that's the case, I'm definitely going with the Lions. 
Put another way, if you bet $50 on the Lions you lose $50. If you bet $50 on the Chiefs you win $20  :p