Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ear Infection: TJH
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
lol, too funny. Heard a rumor that Zygi was out panhandling for change outside a Starbucks in Eagan. The rumor is so stupid it doesn't deserve any energy whatsoever.
Have him pick up a couple cornerbacks at 7-11 while he is out and about...

Vikings tight end T.J. Hockenson vows to be ready for Sept. 10 season openerHe has been limited for the past couple of weeks as he deals with the lingering effects of an ear infection.Like he’s done for much of the past couple of weeks, tight end T.J. Hockenson went through warmups with the Vikings on Monday at TCO Performance Center, then exited stage left while the rest of his teammates continued to practice.
“We’re taking it day by day,” Hockenson said. “Obviously I want to be out there.”
It still raises the question: What the heck is going on with Hockenson?
The most activity he has been through over the past couple of weeks has come in walkthroughs where there isn’t any contact.
Talking to reporters last week Hockenson said his limited participation was due to an ear infection that was impacting his equilibrium. Talking to reporters this week, Hockenson provided even fewer details about the situation at hand, only vowing that he would be back to full participation as soon as he could.
“It sucks,” he said. “It is what it is. It’s just making me want to be out there more with the guys. I’ll be ready to go in September, and that’s really when I need to be.”
Though he hasn’t been able to go 100 percent in practice, Hockenson said he isn’t worried about being behind when the Sept. 10 season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rolls around. He has been trying to stay involved with the game plan as much as possible. Even when he isn’t in the huddle.
“I’m upstairs getting all the reps mentally,” he said. “That doesn’t really affect me at all.”
Asked if his limited participation had anything to do with the fact that he’s is still waiting on a contract extension, Hockenson replied, “That’s not my focus.” Asked if the contract negotiations were ongoing, Hockenson deferred to his agent, Neil Cornrich.
It’s worth noting that Hockenson is set to make about $9.3 million this season as he finishes up his rookie contract, with nothing guaranteed beyond that.
It does seem likely that the Vikings work something out with Hockenson at some point. They acquired him from the Detroit Lions last season, and he went on to make 60 catches for 519 yards.
As of right now, the ultimate goal seems to be making sure Hockenson is good to go for the regular-season opener next month. He left little doubt about that, saying, “I’ll be ready by then for sure.”
As for joint practices against the Arizona Cardinals this week, it sounds as if Hockenson is still in the process of determining what he can do on the field. In his absence, tight ends Josh Oliver, Johnny Mundt and, occasionally, Nick Muse have been handling most of the reps.
https://www.twincities.com/2023/08/21/vikings-tight-end-t-j-hockenson-vows-to-be-ready-for-sept-10-season-opener/

/insert more random baseless speculation

my work is done here.

More speculation.... 

During an episode of SKOR North's "Minnesota Sports with Mackey & Judd" on Tuesday, KSTP's Darren Wolfson had the following to say about what he believes is currently going on with the Vikings and their top tight end.

"The optics suggest that this is a hold-in. Why he won't just acknowledge that? I don't know. But the way he eluded [questions on Monday] leads me to believe that this absolutely has something to do with the lack of a contract extension."

https://thevikingage.com/posts/minnesota...ng-hold-in

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
More speculation.... 

During an episode of SKOR North's "Minnesota Sports with Mackey & Judd" on Tuesday, KSTP's Darren Wolfson had the following to say about what he believes is currently going on with the Vikings and their top tight end.

"The optics suggest that this is a hold-in. Why he won't just acknowledge that? I don't know. But the way he eluded [questions on Monday] leads me to believe that this absolutely has something to do with the lack of a contract extension."

Then don't be a little bitch and say its an 'ear infection'. Be a man and say its about your contract. JFC, the drama. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
More speculation.... 

The biggest issue will be when it all ends up being the contract and he is suddenly healthy.  Who will believe him then? 

Hock sat out today with “lower back stiffness”. Anyone still think this isn’t contract related? Oh and the Vikings definitely won’t sign Brett Favre in 2009. Never gonna happen!

Per Dianna Russini, the Vikings and Hockenson remain "far apart" in contract negotiations. Hockenson reportedly is looking to reset the TE market. 

Stay tuned...

Tell me this is BS.  But there is smoke here...
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1008...toric-deal

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Tell me this is BS.  But there is smoke here...
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10087085-nfl-rumors-tj-hockenson-vikings-far-apart-on-contract-te-wants-historic-deal
I love TJH, but asking for more $$ than Kittle or Kelce is stretching things - just a bit. This doesnt look like it will get resolved this year, does it? 

I guess the good news for the Vikings is there is nobody on the D side of the ball that is going to be demanding top $ at their position for a while, outside of Hunter.