Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could have had a franchise QB
Oh boy. I like Teddy as much as anyone, but he'll never have Carr's upside. Getting very thick and purple in here.

Teddy and Carr were my two favorites going into the draft. 

We don't know what Carr would have done in Minn with the oline problems.  He could have gotten real gun shy and never overcame it.    Totally different situations.   Oakland invested in the O around Carr.  Minn invested in the D and drafted Teddy thinking AP would be enough to give him time to grow.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Oh boy. I like Teddy as much as anyone, but he'll never have Carr's upside. Getting very thick and purple in here.
Lol.  How is it getting thick and purple in here.  In a thread yearning for Carr?  Happy put it best, when we beat them the other year on a Carr INT, it sure looked like we had the better QB.  Now with Teddy hurt, the choice would be obvious.  Facts aren't shaded purple.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Lol.  How is it getting thick and purple in here.  In a thread yearning for Carr?  Happy put it best, when we beat them the other year on a Carr INT, it sure looked like we had the better QB.  Now with Teddy hurt, the choice would be obvious.  Facts aren't shaded purple.
Ha, and you're one of the thickest.

Sticky, the NFL scouts had Teddy projected as being better than Carr.  Did they have purple shades on too?

whatever dude, your man crushes on Rogers are legendary.  He may get jealous if you start riding Carr.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Lotta short memories around here, too. It's easy to say that Carr is better now that Teddy hasn't played in over year, but when both were healthy and playing, it was a legitimate debate as to who was better, and not just among Viking fans (see below). We can't know what kind of season Teddy would've had last year. Likely not as good as Carr because of what happened to our line, but OH MY he looked good in the games leading up to his injury. 

One year after they were drafted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...back-class
Two years after they were drafted:
http://thesportsquotient.com/nfl/2016/4/...2014-class

Here's a consensus ranking that shows where various groups ranked the two QBs.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2014-nfl-dr...b-rankings

OH YEAH?!? WE COULD HAVE HAD TOM BRADY!

fucking yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn....

Fans... its always "what have you done for me lately." Bradford puts up a 146 passer rating week 1, week 2 fans are like "fml. Look what we could have had." By week 12, those fans are bored and reaching to change the channel...

... but seriously... we coulda had Tom Brady. :lol:

Actually the one that slays me is passing on Aaron Rogers - twice. But we had Pepp who just threw for 4000 yards and was damn near League MVP. There would have been a mutiny if we drafted a qb #1. But don't ask who we drafted instead lol!