Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Risner to visit with Vikings
The last time I saw a Viking Oline unit that was capable of getting to and winning a Superbowl was 2009.

14 years ago.

I don't see that changing in 2023.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@ThunderGod said:
There are a number of reasons for bringing him aboard.
https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/o...his-dalton
Left guard Ezra Cleveland’s contract expires at the end of the 2023 season. It is unclear if Minnesota is dying to have him back beyond a rookie deal.

I think this could have a lot to do with it. If they can afford it, bring him in a season early as a sort of preemptive move. Then you don't have to worry about losing Cleveland next year. This year maybe he replaces Ingram, giving him another season to develop. Next year he's the starting LG.

Latest from KOC is that the visit is going 'very well'. We'll see.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Don't think adding him would hurt the OL 
If nothing else, it solidifies the depth at all positions.

Quote: @greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
Don't think adding him would hurt the OL 
If nothing else, it solidifies the depth at all positions.
He would most likely bump Ingram to the 2nd string...

Quote: @JR44 said:
Looks like a guy who knows how to get the most of his talents, if he can pull this off I say bring him in  =)

[Image: cslzo65p82rx.jpg]
Well at least his socks match her dress and shoes.

I didnt even notice she was wearing a dress?  :p

I'm going to have to defer to asking "the expert" on Risner...my daughter.  She lives in Colorado and she and her husband (and my grandkids) are avid Broncos fans first, Vikings fans second.  She (or he) will have the lowdown on Risner, and why the Broncos did not re-sign him.  They'll be here Saturday night (Montana vacay time!).  Maybe he's just not that good.  Maybe his stock plummeted when he accosted their QB last December and became persona non grata in the locker room.  I'll find out.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I'm going to have to defer to asking "the expert" on Risner...my daughter.  She lives in Colorado and she and her husband (and my grandkids) are avid Broncos fans first, Vikings fans second.  She (or he) will have the lowdown on Risner, and why the Broncos did not re-sign him.  They'll be here Saturday night (Montana vacay time!).  Maybe he's just not that good.  Maybe his stock plummeted when he accosted their QB last December and became persona non grata in the locker room.  I'll find out.
That'll be appreciated...Always good to get a fans perspective. 

Many clubs profess to hold sacred the locker room culture, I actually tend to believe it when it comes to Eagan, MN. 

We'll see what happens and if he gets a deal here or not.