Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaepernick.
While I think Kaepernick is better than Keenum, I just don't think it would work logistically.  Keenum would probably be the best option for the next game or two until Kap got up to speed.  By then, you're probably going to see Bradford back, and even if Bradford was out for a while, we're likely to see Bridgewater back, so it would be a lot of work and distraction for a brief amount of usage.

Bringing Kaepernick in would smell awfully similar to that desperation move Rick made to bring in Josh Freeman.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Bringing Kaepernick in would smell awfully similar to that desperation move Rick made to bring in Josh Freeman.
Except Kaepernick is better than Freeman. Of course so many other quarterbacks are better than Freeman.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@prairieghost said:
Except Kaepernick is better than Freeman. Of course so many other quarterbacks are better than Freeman.
He is, but I truly don't see a fit with this team. Also, if Kaep can't beat out Blaine Gabbert then I'd rather stay with who we have. Keenum is a better player than Gabbert...and Freeman

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@Vikergirl said:
@prairieghost said:
He is, but I truly don't see a fit with this team. Also, if Kaep can't beat out Blaine Gabbert then I'd rather stay with who we have. Keenum is a better player than Gabbert...and Freeman
I also get your point about desperation. I don't want the team to be in that position. We already were last year. I think he could fit. Of course different situations between San Francisco and Minnesota. He needs to be on a different team. The fresh start and change of scenery would help him. Keenum is definitely better than Gabbert and Freeman.

Kaepernick was 1-10 as a starter last year on a bad team, Keenum was 4-7 in a similar situation.    He has no pocket game and wanted a reported 10 mil to backup, which no team is going to pay, and he would be a distraction.  Imagine Souhan and the gang running to interview him every chance they get.  Were they interviewing Keenum before this week?  No.   Kaepernick was on the verge of a job with Baltimore when his gf decided to call the owner a racist while a deal was being worked out.   This is because he has no interest in playing football, he just wants to keep his media game going.  Without the NFL platform of tv/media  to spotlight him he will fade away like Chris Kluwe, another so-called "activist" whose activism consists of making noise and calling people names.  But I am pretty sure Souhan thought he was a hero.  

You lose one game, you look like shit doing it and anything goes for media criticism. The Vikings were the NFL darlings after their MNF win and now, garbage. Horrible penalties, no starting QB and on the road for a team's home opener with the quality of Pittsburgh and that's the result. 

Quote: @"JimmyiwnSD" said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Sloter > Kaepernick
You got it wrong
Sloter = McLeod Bethel-Thompson
Based on What?  Skin color?
What?  Based on the fact that neither got much playing time in college.

Based on skin color, why does that have any thing to do with it?

Putting the politics aside, it still would have been a loss at Pittsburgh. And bringing in any QB at the last minute would likely be a waste of money.
A number of people here seem to think Keenum is a good back up. I just don't see it. No need to compound a mistake by making another!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Oh bull fucking shit,   kapernick wanted nothing to do with a back up job or back up money,  anybody writing stories about such bull shit should wake the fuck up,  take their carers seriously, and actually follow the sport they are trying to write stories about.

As far as kapernick,  fuck him and his bull shit,  he had a job and quit when he wasn't getting treated like the snowflake that people want him to be treated like.  Iirc his high and mighty bull shit didn't start until he lost his starting job and he was trying to force his way out of San fran.

This is so fucking stupid to even be taking time with.
sounds like you are taking him a little personally. i get emotional sbout stuff too.  there is some interesting info on what he has been doing with his life if you are willing to investigate it.  it is certainly not a comfortable read for white folks like us, but insightful