Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking fans lead the NFL in Negativity
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Not surprised by this at all, we can be a crotchety bunch. A lifetime of dashed expectations can do that do a fan base.
Yep. Being kinda good but not that good year after year is a grind.
But the Bills are way down the list.  Must be the alcohol consumption.
And the table jumping

[Image: fwf6bksyze5n.gif]

I will make sure my obituary is posted here so y'all know when to bet on the Vikes 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Not surprised by this at all, we can be a crotchety bunch. A lifetime of dashed expectations can do that do a fan base.
Yep. Being kinda good but not that good year after year is a grind.
But the Bills are way down the list.  Must be the alcohol consumption.
And the table jumping

[Image: fwf6bksyze5n.gif]
Like I said, alcohol consumption.

I found some emotional relief when I started referring  to the Vikings team as they instead of we!
Should mention this but, I also occasionally buy emotional insurance by occasionally betting against them and winning when they lose! I hate it when they lose but it doesn't sting so bad when you pocket a hundred bucks.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
I found some emotional relief when I started referring  to the Vikings team as they instead of we!
Should mention this but, I also occasionally buy emotional insurance by occasionally betting against them and winning when they lose! I hate it when they lose but it doesn't sting so bad when you pocket a hundred bucks.
Interesting because I have never referred to them as we. Figured they weren't my employer so why would I?

We are the Charlie Brown of the NFL.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
We are the Charlie Brown of the NFL.  
It's why I kind of laugh when I hear people trying to preach "patience" as it relates to the front office and assembling this roster. I've been patient for 46 years (many of us much longer) and patience isn't my strong suit at this point in my fandom. I've seen this roster rebuilt under new management more times then I'd like to count over the years. I'd almost be willing to bet there are more posters on this board who have never seen this team in a Super Bowl then those that have. So yes, the fact that we aren't a happy bunch is hardly surprising 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
I will make sure my obituary is posted here so y'all know when to bet on the Vikes 
What are ya waiting for ya selfish bastard---ya could bring so much joy to my life but NOOOOOO!

When anyone sees me wearing anything Viking related and they commiserate,  I always go with "Long Suffering" in my introduction.  Sort of Like a Red Green support group setting.

There is a bright side, think of all the money we saved on champagne and fireworks.