Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings signing Byron Murphy
Duke and Murphy Bunting would round out a group of potentially stud CBs

CBs: Murphy, Duke, Bunting + Booth & Evans

Bynum flex CB/S

Safeties; Smith & Cine + Metellus

If we can get more pass rush out of Davenport, Danielle, a 1st round pick (IDL from Pitt?), Jones, that could be a good foundation for a quality defense

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
New boss same as the old boss? Glad they signed a DB, not sure how good he'll be. Not trying to be a downer but good corner play seems to be the Vikings Achilles Heel.
A little more pressure up front, especially up the middle would do wonders for all the DB's.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
New boss same as the old boss? Glad they signed a DB, not sure how good he'll be. Not trying to be a downer but good corner play seems to be the Vikings Achilles Heel.
A little more pressure up front, especially up the middle would do wonders for all the DB's.
That would be the signing that gets me to find optimism for the coming year.  The lack of any consistent push in the middle has been our primary defensive issue since linval Joseph declined after a couple years here.  No dominant DT and the rest of the D suffers greatly.  Find me a dominant DT and that alone would move our D up 10 to 15 slots in the rankings any of the last few years.

I can get behind this signing. Younger guy with upside who plays a position of need and will compete to start. Hoping we can still re-sign Shelly and that would really give us some flexibility in the draft 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
That would be the signing that gets me to find optimism for the coming year.  The lack of any consistent push in the middle has been our primary defensive issue since linval Joseph declined after a couple years here.  No dominant DT and the rest of the D suffers greatly.  Find me a dominant DT and that alone would move our D up 10 to 15 slots in the rankings any of the last few years.
I know the 1st is about BPA but there could be the kid from Pitt available to us for the IDL.  We need inside pressure to stop allowing QBs to step up from Hunter and Davenport on the edges.  This team really needs to hit on an inside pressure DT to match with Phillips (run focused).

Add another CB in free agency (Slay, Murphy Bunting, Duke) and focus on building inside pressure from the DT spot would be huge.

We need some LBs as well.

I guess pick 23 will be Defensive line or Linebacker.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
I guess pick 23 will be Defensive line or Linebacker.
Pick 23 would be best spent turning it into multiple day 2 picks.