• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This definitely speaks highly of the Wilfs, KAM & KOC
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Big props to the Wilf's. A lot of this stems from the development and design of TCO Performance Center. Not much was spared which is apparent. But its nice to see they don't only rank highly there, but the family involvement & travel is almost just as meaningful. They talk about running a "first class organization" and this proves they are. 
But the Wilfs don't care about 'winning' to some here! How can this be? Fake news??  :p

who has made that claim?
Sigh.

Nice buildings don't win titles.  Neither do straw men arguments about who doesn't love our benificent owners enough, lol.  If facilities made championships we'd have 4 or 5 already.   The Bengals got an "F" in that poll and they were almost in a 2nd Super Bowl in a row this year.  You need the horses and a smart coach.   

Do the Wilfs care about winning?  What does that even matter?  It's like when fans say the owners "want to win" as if that's a selling point.  Is there an owner that doesn't want to win?  Or doesn't care if he wins or loses?  There are 32 of them and they are very competitive among themselves.   

It's just stupid purple gravy being poured over fan's heads.  Yeah it's nice to have a nice facility and everyone sings kumbaya, versus last year when the rating would have been much lower due to the miserable coach and the miserable training staff but so what.  Players coming to MN as potential free agents have to face bad weather and high taxes, the kumbaya stuff and a buffet and a cold tub isn't the highest stuff on the list.   Players follow the dough for the most part.

Regardless, building a winner doesn't have much to do with any of that because most winners are home grown through good drafting, not bought through free agency and growing talent has been spotty at best around here for a long time.  We haven't drafted an impact player on defense since 2015(!).  A lot of work needs to be done and the team isn't close to contending.   That's why the franchise and the fans love to sell stuff like "The NFLPA poll says we're number 1!"   Ok, great.   Number one in buildings and backslaps in the hall at TCO.   Last in Super Bowl titles.   So on it goes...

Do you kick your dog, too? Look, I know I give Doug and Wendy Whiner a hard time, along with Debbie and the Downer clan, but this really is an epic take. You should get some kind of award. 

It's just a stupid poll, man. Vikings took first. It's a good thing. Curious what you'd be saying if they took last, with Fs across the board. Would it be "Oh, it's all good. Building don't win titles." Yeah, I kinda doubt it. 

If buildings won titles we'd have a bunch.  We aren't big players in free agency so the buffets and cold tubs might be going to waste lol.  

Sorry to push everyone's buttons but I'm just am not a believer in this ownership.  They're slick salespeople who get buy in from fans for everything but actually producing a contender.  Everyone's entitled to enjoy the team for whatever reason they wish.  Just like I'm entitled to bitch about their failure to produce. Smile. Have a nice day!

Pat McAfee has a pretty good take on this. He was a player, he’s been in the NFL, and has seen stuff.

All the people saying this means nothing and doesn’t contribute to the team actually winning a championship is just a dumb take. 
You can be a curmudgeon, and say this stuff doesn’t matter, but the reality is that players play for money first and then championships.

My take

If you can go to a job where there is a top notch facility and staff, it makes your life better. I work at a shit hole of a steel mill, it’s depressing, but the money is really good. If I could go somewhere and make the same money at a place that wasn’t a shit hole, I would. So would they. Like someone said, if it lures one or two more guys per year, it’s a good thing.

These players are human, they want to be treated well by their employers who are making a shit load of money off of them.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
It's just a stupid poll, man. Vikings took first. It's a good thing. Curious what you'd be saying if they took last, with Fs across the board. Would it be "Oh, it's all good. Building don't win titles." Yeah, I kinda doubt it. 

I ought to add, as far as stupid polls go it was not a bad play on the part of the NFLPA to put pressure on teams to make nice wrt facilities, etc.   But regardless of that, the Bengals were in the "F" category in that poll and they were a hair away from heading to a second straight Super Bowl last month.    They don't even have an indoor practice facility, I think they are the only team left that doesn't cuz the owners are low spenders on the business side, in part due to relying solely on the team for revenue versus so many owners now who have other sources of wealth.   Yet there they are contending, despite their organization being the orange outhouse to our purple penthouse.    

In this era you have to find the right qb and the right coach.  Put the wrong guys in your purple penthouse and you get average at best.   Whether KOC is the right coach remains to be seen but the Kirk experiment is a failure.  5 years, 1 playoff win, checking it down at the end of the Giants game... he's not the guy and everyone who isn't kidding themselves knows it.  You would have to build a powerhouse team around him to even get to a SB and the Vikings simply haven't come close to doing that.  They are fiddling in the margins with aging overpaid vets at the behest of the allegedly great owners and going nowhere. 

Last year was fun up to the Buffalo game but let's face it, after the 8-1 start, Zadarius got hurt and stopped pressuring qbs and the defense stopped getting turnover luck, Dallas kicked their butts and the team went 5-4 down the stretch with several improbable wins that could have gone the other way and some ugly, really ugly losses.  In other words, they reverted to what they really are - average (or worse). 

The Vikings have drafted about 3 impact players in the last 7 years - JJ and Darrisaw and O'Neil, and none on defense and it shows.  And they haven't taken a shot at real draft-and-develop qb since Teddy in 2014.   That just doesn't cut it, buildings or no buildings. 

=)  

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Big props to the Wilf's. A lot of this stems from the development and design of TCO Performance Center. Not much was spared which is apparent. But its nice to see they don't only rank highly there, but the family involvement & travel is almost just as meaningful. They talk about running a "first class organization" and this proves they are. 
But the Wilfs don't care about 'winning' to some here! How can this be? Fake news??  :p

who has made that claim?
Sigh.

Nice buildings don't win titles.  Neither do straw men arguments about who doesn't love our benificent owners enough, lol.  If facilities made championships we'd have 4 or 5 already.   The Bengals got an "F" in that poll and they were almost in a 2nd Super Bowl in a row this year.  You need the horses and a smart coach.   

Do the Wilfs care about winning?  What does that even matter?  It's like when fans say the owners "want to win" as if that's a selling point.  Is there an owner that doesn't want to win?  Or doesn't care if he wins or loses?  There are 32 of them and they are very competitive among themselves.   

It's just stupid purple gravy being poured over fan's heads.  Yeah it's nice to have a nice facility and everyone sings kumbaya, versus last year when the rating would have been much lower due to the miserable coach and the miserable training staff but so what.  Players coming to MN as potential free agents have to face bad weather and high taxes, the kumbaya stuff and a buffet and a cold tub isn't the highest stuff on the list.   Players follow the dough for the most part.

Regardless, building a winner doesn't have much to do with any of that because most winners are home grown through good drafting, not bought through free agency and growing talent has been spotty at best around here for a long time.  We haven't drafted an impact player on defense since 2015(!).  A lot of work needs to be done and the team isn't close to contending.   That's why the franchise and the fans love to sell stuff like "The NFLPA poll says we're number 1!"   Ok, great.   Number one in buildings and backslaps in the hall at TCO.   Last in Super Bowl titles.   So on it goes...

Do you kick your dog, too? Look, I know I give Doug and Wendy Whiner a hard time, along with Debbie and the Downer clan, but this really is an epic take. You should get some kind of award. 

If buildings won titles we'd have a bunch.  We aren't big players in free agency so the buffets and cold tubs might be going to waste lol.  

Sorry to push everyone's buttons but I'm just am not a believer in this ownership.  They're slick salespeople who get buy in from fans for everything but actually producing a contender.  Everyone's entitled to enjoy the team for whatever reason they wish.  Just like I'm entitled to bitch about their failure to produce. Smile. Have a nice day!
Reality,  its been 18 years since the Wilfs took over the reigns,  while they have stabilized the franchise in terms of location,  I would agree that everything else in regards to the teams success doesnt seem to have really improved much from the teams they bought.  Sure they are better than what we had right at that time,  but the Vikings were a upper third franchise but not a legit contender when they bought them, and honesty are right there currently.   I dont see the need to spew venom at the article as I am sure that designation was not their ultimate goal,  but I can certainly see the frustration of a long time fan that isnt seeing the team take a new direction when the current one doesnt seem to be leading anywhere in their eyes.

Quote:
@"comet52" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

who has made that claim?
Sigh.

Almost.  We are tied with the Bills for Almost.