Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll -- who do you want as defensive coordinator?
Jimmy must be a dang tough negotiator!

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Jimmy must be a dang tough negotiator!
My wife didn't want to move that warm of a climate. 

I want who's going to be the NEXT great D coordinator.....not who already is. They're out there. Choose wisely KAMster. 

Is it between Evero and Flores? Both are still HC candidates I think. Evero becomes available if he doesn't land a HC job and the Broncos hire Fangio as DC, which seems likely.

Flores is a great choice as well, but could already be in contract negotiation for the HC job in Arizona, but they're interviewing other candidates now, so it seems they may have moved on. 

Pettine is qualified, but knowing he had a hand in this year's debacle is unsettling. 

Having a hard time seeing Evero go back to Denver after they passed him over for HC, look at Graham for the Giants last year

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Is it between Evero and Flores? Both are still HC candidates I think. Evero becomes available if he doesn't land a HC job and the Broncos hire Fangio as DC, which seems likely.

Flores is a great choice as well, but could already be in contract negotiation for the HC job in Arizona, but they're interviewing other candidates now, so it seems they may have moved on. 

Pettine is qualified, but knowing he had a hand in this year's debacle is unsettling. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:

I want nothing to do with last season's staff and that includes Pettine. Whether it's Evero, Flores, Desai, etc. I want them to bring in their own coaches. There was nothing on our defense that performed to even below average standards so none of them should be back IMO.  

Fangio could head to San Fran w/ Ryans moving on, his girlfriend is a dentist there…   =)

This seems like a two pony race currently between Evero and Flores. I guess my issue is, what has Brian Flores ever done that makes him such a great candidate? I don't want anybody ever from the Patriots coaching staff not named Belichick and they didnt want him back in New England. That coaching tree have all been epic busts and I'd be leary of the lawsuit and my franchise becoming mixed in with all that. Evero has been a coordinator for one year, and I'm not sure why he'd make a lateral move to Minnesota, especially in light of Sean Payton not getting Fangio. I'd think Evero would be someone he'd want to keep if he doesn't land a head coaching gig.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
This seems like a two pony race currently between Evero and Flores. I guess my issue is, what has Brian Flores ever done that makes him such a great candidate? I don't want anybody ever from the Patriots coaching staff not named Belichick and they didnt want him back in New England. That coaching tree have all been epic busts and I'd be leary of the lawsuit and my franchise becoming mixed in with all that. Evero has been a coordinator for one year, and I'm not sure why he'd make a lateral move to Minnesota, especially in light of Sean Payton not getting Fangio. I'd think Evero would be someone he'd want to keep if he doesn't land a head coaching gig.
Dolphins defensive ranks under Flores:
Yards per play
2019 6.0 (T-27th)
2020 5.9 (T-8th)
2021 5.3 (T-19th)
Turnovers
2019 16 (T-28th)
2020 29 (1st)
2021 26 (T-8th)

Points allowed
2019 494 (32nd)
2020 338 (6th)
2021 373 (16th)
https://steelersnow.com/brian-flores-quickly-built-one-of-nfls-top-defenses-in-miami/