Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking about that QBOTF...
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Skodin" said:
Cousins for Lance, I would sacrifice another potential wild card round experience for a QB with promise of a brighter future.  How long realistically will SF's window be open?  Deebo taking a lot of shots, Kittle is slowing down, holding that defense and staff together is going to be impossible.  Kyle, come get your boy.

Young, fit, great legs with a big . . .  arm.  Could be magical and would help out a OL that won't ever be perfect.

Bring Lance home! 
Cousins for Lance would never happen. Vikings are not going to saddle JJ with an unproven QB. But could the Vikings consider trading 23 for Lance and have him sit and learn for a year or two under Kirk? Yeah, I could see that. 
You're crazy if you think the Vikings are giving up a 1st for a guy who can't  break into the starting lineup behind Garapollo and Mr. Irrelevant. Trey Lance has 4th-5th rd. value based on his lack of development.
LOL. No, I'm not crazy, though my kids might disagree. Yes, I think teams will consider giving up a 20-50 pick for Lance. His lack of playing time actually argues both for and against a high pick. Against because you don't know yet if he can play in the NFL. For because you don't yet know if he can't. 

Either way, the point is likely moot. I doubt the 49ers trade him. I think they'd be fools for trading him. Because if you think Brock Purdy is now the future of the franchise in SF based on one half season, you're crazier than you think I am. :-)

I agree with both of the bolded statements. Too early to crown Purdy yet, although the media is doing it....but what else is new. There's no reason for the 49ers to trade Lance this offseason. Remember, they gave up a shit ton to get him. And honestly, if you could get Richardson at #23, or trade down and get him at like #35-40, I'd pull that trigger first before getting Lance. Not saying the Vikings are interested in any of that. 

49ers have to give Purdy a full blown shot as the starter next season. I don't think Lance is part of their plans but they aren't going to give him away either. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Skodin" said:
Cousins for Lance, I would sacrifice another potential wild card round experience for a QB with promise of a brighter future.  How long realistically will SF's window be open?  Deebo taking a lot of shots, Kittle is slowing down, holding that defense and staff together is going to be impossible.  Kyle, come get your boy.

Young, fit, great legs with a big . . .  arm.  Could be magical and would help out a OL that won't ever be perfect.

Bring Lance home! 
Cousins for Lance would never happen. Vikings are not going to saddle JJ with an unproven QB. But could the Vikings consider trading 23 for Lance and have him sit and learn for a year or two under Kirk? Yeah, I could see that. 
You're crazy if you think the Vikings are giving up a 1st for a guy who can't  break into the starting lineup behind Garapollo and Mr. Irrelevant. Trey Lance has 4th-5th rd. value based on his lack of development.
LOL. No, I'm not crazy, though my kids might disagree. Yes, I think teams will consider giving up a 20-50 pick for Lance. His lack of playing time actually argues both for and against a high pick. Against because you don't know yet if he can play in the NFL. For because you don't yet know if he can't. 

Either way, the point is likely moot. I doubt the 49ers trade him. I think they'd be fools for trading him. Because if you think Brock Purdy is now the future of the franchise in SF based on one half season, you're crazier than you think I am. :-)

I agree with both of the bolded statements. Too early to crown Purdy yet, although the media is doing it....but what else is new. There's no reason for the 49ers to trade Lance this offseason. Remember, they gave up a shit ton to get him. And honestly, if you could get Richardson at #23, or trade down and get him at like #35-40, I'd pull that trigger first before getting Lance. Not saying the Vikings are interested in any of that. 

49ers have to give Purdy a full blown shot as the starter next season. I don't think Lance is part of their plans but they aren't going to give him away either. 
Imagine if they ignored all they gave up to get him and traded Lance this offseason...then go into next season with Brock Purdy as their QBOTF. Then Purdy turns into Mac Jones or Baker Mayfield or RGIII or Sam Bradford or Vince Young or Carson Wentz or any number of other QBs who had tremendous 1st seasons in a simplified offense, then were exposed in their 2nd. 

Garoppolo's a free agent and won't be back. 49ers will not trade Trey Lance. They'd be utter fools for doing so. 

So many questions on Lance and Purdy...At the end of the day, the 49'ers really dont know what they have in either and that might make them feel pretty nervous going into next year w/out JG.