Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential candidates for new D Coordinator
Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
I like Brian Flores. I think his lawsuit stuff and the cloud surrounding him has dissipated. He is a brilliant defensive mind and an excellent teacher. 
All the reports from Miami is that he was a completely horrible person to work with, that he had an enormous ego and he consistently belittled others including trashing Tua every day in practice.  Great teachers teach others with respect and that is not Flores.  In addition, his lawsuit is completely bogus, with no merit and hypocritical.  If you are going to sue the NFL for racism, maybe you shouldn't hire a law firm with an all white team and walk in with your white wife.  
I don't know much about Flores, but I don't agree with the idea of your last sentence. The color of someone's skin does not necessarily determine whether you're racist. I know the critical race theory teaches that, but that doesn't make it true. Whether you have lighter skinned or darker skinned lawyers and a spouse should be irrelevant. 
That is the entire point of my post, you are making an unfair evaluation of what I am saying.  If it doesn't matter what color his legal team or wife is (which I totally agree with) then what does it matter what the color of the skin is of who the NFL hires.  You can't have it both ways.  

Flores would make a good hire in my mind.  He improved a Steelers defense without its best player (Watt).  Regardless if he took us from 32 to 10-15th ranked, he wouldn't be considered a NFL HC candidate so he could stick around awhile.

A little more proven than the current crop of potential DCs

Quote: @JR44 said:
@TBro said:
I like Brian Flores. I think his lawsuit stuff and the cloud surrounding him has dissipated. He is a brilliant defensive mind and an excellent teacher. 
All the reports from Miami is that he was a completely horrible person to work with, that he had an enormous ego and he consistently belittled others including trashing Tua every day in practice.  Great teachers teach others with respect and that is not Flores.  In addition, his lawsuit is completely bogus, with no merit and hypocritical.  If you are going to sue the NFL for racism, maybe you shouldn't hire a law firm with an all white team and walk in with your white wife.  
The fact that he has a white wife and can hire an all white firm (your words) should tell you he is not bound by color. if color was a determinant of who he marries or works with that would make him biased. So this is kind of contradicting yourself. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...T7Cbjm9NMg&s=19
I like this. Saints are always very stingy on defense.

Quote: @mblack said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
The fact that he has a white wife and can hire an all white firm (your words) should tell you he is not bound by color. if color was a determinant of who he marries or works with that would make him biased. So this is kind of contradicting yourself. 
You are the one contradicting yourself, if he is not bound by color then why is he suing the NFL for racism in their hiring, if it doesn't matter to him what color people are then why does he take issue with what color anyone in the NFL hires.  

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I also like that he was responsible for coaching the Saints Defensive Line. Since 2017, they have the 3rd most sacks in the NFL. He knows how to pressure and get after the QB. Something we rarely saw with Donatell. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@supafreak84 said:
I also like that he was responsible for coaching the Saints Defensive Line. Since 2017, they have the 3rd most sacks in the NFL. He knows how to pressure and get after the QB. Something we rarely saw with Donatell. 
Hes also had one of the best DL in Cam Jordan all that time.  If there is one player out there that you just press play its him.  I'm not saying he isn't a good coach,   just that it's easier with players like Jordan to work with.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@mblack said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
You are the one contradicting yourself, if he is not bound by color then why is he suing the NFL for racism in their hiring, if it doesn't matter to him what color people are then why does he take issue with what color anyone in the NFL hires.  
The Rooney Rule is a Scam which he claims in his lawsuit. NFL owners are a Good ol' Boys Club. Only 2 owners are of Color and neither one is Black. Kim Pegula(Co-Owner of the Bills and Sabres with her Husband), and Shahid Kahn. I don't believe in affirmative action. The best person should get the job and the Rooney Rule is nothing more than a virtue signaling form of Affirmative Action.  

The Court Case is still on hold pending a Judges decision to allow a public trial in Federal Court which the NFL desperately is fighting against, or move it to arbitration so the case will remain private and away from public view and scrutiny. By the way, Flores has two other Coaches that joined the lawsuit for their claimed discrimination against the Cardinals and Titans so he isn't all by himself in this fight. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
@supafreak84 said:
Hes also had one of the best DL in Cam Jordan all that time.  If there is one player out there that you just press play its him.  I'm not saying he isn't a good coach,   just that it's easier with players like Jordan to work with.
True, but you could also make that same argument against Donatell who had Hunter and virtually did nothing with him most of the season. A good coach takes what he has to work with and gets the most out of them so it will be nice to see that happen for the Vikings Defense next season.