Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Donatell tonight

can we evaluate Ed for a concussion…!?  Wink B)  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Anybody who thought Donatell was a good hire in the first place is an idiot and that includes KOC. Donatell is a turd, and has always been a turd. He was rewarded for hanging on to Fangio's coat tales in Denver last year while not calling the defense. I told everybody he was a shitty hire and this 3-4 switch was a bad idea based on our roster strengths. You CAN NOT play "bend but don't break" in today's NFL. Teams and QB's are too good and will carve defenses up, which is exactly what has happened with us. If we get bounced in the playoffs because the defense falters, then KOC has nobody to blame but himself for making this ridiculous hire for his DC.
The roster wasn't there for the 34,  but 8n fairness nobody expected this team to be in this position so a retooling year was no big deal....well a couple lucky bounces and a string of back up QBs and we are #2 seed with no defense and no running game.  In the grand scheme of things we are not likely to be looking back at this year thinking what could have been if donatell hadn't been the DC as our O still has a long way to go to compete for the only real prize in pro football.

Whats gonna suck is an offseason with very few decent draft picks and the only way to create cap space is to potentially lose our veterans who are still performing at a high level.  Imagine if Harry and AT say FO when the team comes asking for a pay cut for next year?  More than likely I see a major  can kicking offseason to try and fund a major all in effort, and a hard hard rebuilding period starting in about 3 years.
Everybody knew the roster wasn't there to convert a historically good 4-3 front to a 3-4. We've taken our best player in Danielle Hunter, who had more sacks then anybody in the history of the league before turning 25, and have turned him into an average outside linebacker having to drop into coverage and diagnose zone reads. It's bullshit. Kendricks is an undersized read and react middle linebacker who was one of the best linebackers in football, and have turned him into just another guy who has no girth occupying blockers in front of him and getting eaten up against the run. I won't even get into the secondary issues. It was a mistake to shift scheme and it was a huge mistake to hire Donatell who has never been good in prior stops

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...WXjLketA8w&s=19
Normally I would abbreviate this,  but in this case I don't think it would do justice to the screaming voice in my head.....

WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?  IS HE A COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOT?

they want to play tighter, acknowledging the fucking obvious that a tighter coverage at the snap would benefit the effectiveness of our pass rush,  but then counters that by saying the coverage is doing what they are coached to do?  What kind of dumb ass shit is that? 

"We want to be tighter,  that's what we're looking for?"  Well then,  how about having the CBs actually line up in a press position and force the WR to win a GD battle in order to pick up some yards?  I am pretty sure there are high school coaches that could hang 300 a game against this defense and after reading this crap I am understanding why.

Holy shit... I try and defend defensive coaches because its the side of the ball that has the rules stacked against them and typically don't get their share of cap space or quality draft picks,  but damn Ed is really a testing SOB.

Normally I would abbreviate this,  but in this case I don't think it would do justice to the screaming voice in my head.....

they want to play tighter, acknowledging the fucking obvious that a tighter coverage at the snap would benefit the effectiveness of our pass rush,  but then counters that by saying the coverage is doing what they are coached to do?  What kind of dumb ass shit is that? 

"We want to be tighter,  that's what we're looking for?"  Well then,  how about having the CBs actually line up in a press position and force the WR to win a GD battle in order to pick up some yards?  I am pretty sure there are high school coaches that could hang 300 a game against this defense and after reading this crap I am understanding why.

Holy shit... I try and defend defensive coaches because its the side of the ball that has the rules stacked against them and typically don't get their share of cap space or quality draft picks,  but damn Ed is really a testing SOB.

Well said my friend!! 
B) 

I didn't know whether to like your post or laugh @JimmyinSD because he contradicts himself. And then there is the injury report.

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...5emm-X3A8w&s=19

I think it was mostly coach speak.  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I think it was mostly coach speak.  
Well if thats hows he talking in the team meetings,  its no wonder that pros look completely fucking clueless in his defense.