Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This doesnt feel like other years does it?
Under Zimmer, the Vikings once-vaunted D couldn't hold a lead. 
Players walked around the Eagan campus like they were walking on eggshells, we find out later.  
My opinion is that the biggest reason for that 8-1 record isn't Cousins, isn't necessarily the players on the field (Kwesi has certainly kept and added to a solid roster), but is ATTITUDE.
We haven't had one true blowout win yet, true.
The NFL is pretty even with talent (with a few exceptions).  General parity by design.
I believe the difference is KOC.  The players aren't walking around in fear.  They are clearly having FUN.
And winning is a habit.
They believe that they can do it.  
Clock and situation management is as good as I've ever seen.
Big players making big plays consistently.
And shaking off bad plays.
In KOC and Kwesi, you guys have made believers out of me

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Under Zimmer, the Vikings once-vaunted D couldn't hold a lead. 
Players walked around the Eagan campus like they were walking on eggshells, we find out later.  
My opinion is that the biggest reason for that 8-1 record isn't Cousins, isn't necessarily the players on the field (Kwesi has certainly kept and added to a solid roster), but is ATTITUDE.
We haven't had one true blowout win yet, true.
The NFL is pretty even with talent (with a few exceptions).  General parity by design.
I believe the difference is KOC.  The players aren't walking around in fear.  They are clearly having FUN.
And winning is a habit.
They believe that they can do it.  
Clock and situation management is as good as I've ever seen.
Big players making big plays consistently.
And shaking off bad plays.
In KOC and Kwesi, you guys have made believers out of me
Great points, Tom.  I'll add having a coach like KOC truly believing in his QB has got to be a huge boost of confidence for Kirk.  Going from a coach that would hardly speak to you for years to a coach like KOC has got to be as different as night and day.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
There were some WTF moments/throws yesterday (same with Allen). 

Diff this year vs the last 4 is that he's making up for it with clutch plays
Allen is a kid on a rookie deal,  I expect those from a younger QB (although he is getting to the point  where those should be getting eliminated otherwise they arent a learning thing,  they are just part of his game) but KC has been around long enough that some of that shit he is doing shouldnt be happening.  I am still of the notion that he is overwhelmed with the new scheme and when things get ratcheted up he is able to get  play and not think so much,  but once he settles down his brain starts getting in the way.

oh but his new contact is in place:  B) 
Just over one year ago, Allen signed a lucrative extension with the Buffalo Bills, which will kick in after the 2022-23 season. The six-year contract will pay Allen $258 million, which includes $150 million guaranteed and an average salary of slightly more than $43 million per season.Aug 19, 2022

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
There were some WTF moments/throws yesterday (same with Allen). 

Diff this year vs the last 4 is that he's making up for it with clutch plays
Yeah, I think we're seeing Kirk take more chances downfield this season rather than taking the "safe" approach.  That's led to some stalled drives and turnovers, but it's also led to some big time plays and clutch throws late in games.  I'm hopeful Cousins can figure it out as we enter the back half of the season.  Still keep that aggressive attacking mindset, but be a little smarter with the ball in certain situations.

Even if he doesn't, I'm cool with his play this year.  I'd rather have Big Kirko (gunslinger) than Nickelodeon Dad (old Kirk) at QB.