Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line getting some love
This is a really nice young group of O-lineman. The weakest link (Bradbury) seems to have had a mini-renaissance but that's probably because of the development of Cleveland and the rookie Ingram's early impressive play that helps him. Whatever the reason, its most welcome. Nobody older than 27 years old. They will continue to incrementally get better together as they gel, which is exciting.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
The consensus on these boards has always been that we could achieve greatness with our playmakers if we only had a middle of the road Offensive Line.  I guess we'll find out.
Funny thing though is KIrk is having a pretty poor statistical start to the season for him.
As we were repeatedly told on this and other Vikes boards about Cousins, the only stat the matters is wins. So it will be interesting to see how those posters handle things if the team continues to win and Cousins doesn't put up the numbers he has in the past. 
I can only speak for myself, but I will NOT bag on Cousins this season if he keeps winning games for us in the 4th quarter like he has multiple times already this season. 

I haven't even looked at his season numbers yet, are they that bad? It feels different this year.  He's making big time throws routinely now, isn't taking bad sacks, etc.  As a guy who thought Kirk was the missing piece when we signed him...  to watching the Vikings look very Washington-esque with a bunch of .500 seasons and one playoff appearance the part couoke years, it was tough to back up that Kirk is a guy to keep building around.

Now, with a new coaching staff and a new Kirk...  the narrative is changing...  at least for me. He's made some big time throws in a lot of games this season and he's led 3 straight game winning drives to get us to 4-1?  THAT is what we pay him for, not fancy stats in a losing effort.

Like some have pointed out, this new Kirk probably started last year, but it was overshadowed by a poor defense (and bad situational coaching).  Now that we have O'Connell, it feels like at least the situational coaching is much better and that's the difference and Kirk is getting an opportunity to show this isn't Washington/early Vikings Kirk.

I like that.

Over the last three seasons, Kirk Cousins leads the NFL in 4th quarter TD passes thrown. I think some people believe that if we don't end up winning the game, those 4th quarter comebacks didn't happen.