Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ: 'We're coming'
Happy, it's the Vikings, never get too high or too low!  Super fun game yesterday but there certainly is room for improvement.  Remember GB's first pass?  Wide open GB receiver drops a pass, preventing a sure TD.  It's okay to recognize that the team is a work in progress.  We have the coaching staff and talent to make the adjustments and improve.  Hoping for the best as the season continues!  Go Vikes!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
The Vikes whoop up on the favored Packers by 16 and @JimmyinSD just posts about the flaws of KC and the D... whatever.  Hey dude, remember the Zim era the past two seasons?  The Vikes just kicked the Packers @ss, and it's ok to congratulate them and enjoy the fantastic win.
Nobody I know thinks the Vikes are SB contenders, so any win is HUGE for this team - I loved it (without rainbows shooting up my ass)!  :p
they are 1-0,  why arent they a contender?  in a violent league where anything can happen,  why cant this team finally catch a few lucky breaks and bounces and be the one to catch lightning in a bottle?  are we here to talk about football?  or just the results?  I see a good team that showed they could be VERY good if a few small things are cleaned up,   I dont think identifying a few things that concerned me takes away from the win in any way.  I am already looking onto next week.  You are free to stay on sunday all week for all I care,  but I was coached/raised differently I guess, I was always told enjoy the win today and onto next week tomorrow.  Sorry if my sharing my observations is offensive to the rainbow brigade, but please make sure you keep your observations to yourself as well then.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
The Vikes whoop up on the favored Packers by 16 and @JimmyinSD just posts about the flaws of KC and the D... whatever.  Hey dude, remember the Zim era the past two seasons?  The Vikes just kicked the Packers @ss, and it's ok to congratulate them and enjoy the fantastic win.
Nobody I know thinks the Vikes are SB contenders, so any win is HUGE for this team - I loved it (without rainbows shooting up my ass)!  :p
they are 1-0,  why arent they a contender?  in a violent league where anything can happen,  why cant this team finally catch a few lucky breaks and bounces and be the one to catch lightning in a bottle?  are we here to talk about football?  or just the results?  I see a good team that showed they could be VERY good if a few small things are cleaned up,   I dont think identifying a few things that concerned me takes away from the win in any way.  I am already looking onto next week.  You are free to stay on sunday all week for all I care,  but I was coached/raised differently I guess, I was always told enjoy the win today and onto next week tomorrow.  Sorry if my sharing my observations is offensive to the rainbow brigade, but please make sure you keep your observations to yourself as well then.
I'll bet KOC even allows the players 24 hours to enjoy the win before moving on. Good thing the team has such dedicated fans like yourself that won't even go that far.  Wink
Yeah, I take the season one game at a time and I do make an attempt to enjoy and savor the wins.  After the past two seasons of crappy defense and blowing leads, I want to enjoy this win over the Pack and Rodgers all week- SKOL, Jimmy, SKOL!

Quote: @Kmerry82 said:
"Though it’s not rocket science to get Jefferson the ball with regularity, Zimmer never seemed to figure that out."

I know the writer is trying to make a point,  but he had the second most yards in Vikings history last year,  yet you say Zimmer didn't get the ball to him with regularity.  He should have said he didn't utilize him to his fullest potential.  
Yeah, given JJ's first 2 years, I found that an odd comment as well.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@Kmerry82 said:
"Though it’s not rocket science to get Jefferson the ball with regularity, Zimmer never seemed to figure that out."

I know the writer is trying to make a point,  but he had the second most yards in Vikings history last year,  yet you say Zimmer didn't get the ball to him with regularity.  He should have said he didn't utilize him to his fullest potential.  
Yeah, given JJ's first 2 years, I found that an odd comment as well.  
Jefferson got the ball plenty his first two years. His production broke records. It wasn't that Zimmer (or whoever) didn't get him the ball. It's more that they didn't move him around like KOC is doing. There's really only one way to look at this: JJ is going from elite to ridiculous. 

....and just in time for his bag of money. 

At halftime Sunday, Sammy White figured his record was toast.White, a Vikings wide receiver from 1976-1985, set the team mark of 210 yards receiving in a game on Nov. 7, 1976, against Detroit. And he was watching on television at his home in Monroe, La., when Justin Jefferson rolled up 158 yards on six catches in the first half against Green Bay at U.S. Bank Stadium.
“I thought he had (the record),’’ for sure,’’ White said Monday in a phone interview. “You get up to 158 and it looked like 210 should be easy. That’s a 300-yard game. That puts you on shaky ground.’’
The Vikings, though, had a 17-0 halftime lead and went on to win 23-7. Having that comfortable lead, they mostly ran the ball in the second half and Jefferson finished with nine catches for a career-high 184 yards.

But it was Jefferson’s fifth career game of 150 or more yards receiving in his three seasons. So White figures his record might not last long.
[Image: AP8301100106.jpg?fit=620%2C9999px&ssl=1]
“I don’t see it standing when you’ve got somebody that explosive,’’ White said.
But White will be rooting for Jefferson to get the mark. White, who was born in Winnsboro, pointed out that Jefferson, born in the New Orleans suburb of St. Rose, is a fellow Louisiana native, and he has had the chance to meet the young star.
“I’ll be the first one to congratulate him,’’ White said about if Jefferson sets the record. “I’m always going to root for him to have a great game.”
As much as White likes Jefferson, White was surprised at the Packers’ shaky defense, which resulted in him often being wide open in the first half. The half featured Jefferson having touchdown receptions of 5 and 36 yards.

“I thought for the most part (Sunday) our guys did a really nice job of taking advantage of some things where I didn’t think it was schematically something wrong that Green Bay did, but just within our rhythm and timing and how we put together plays,’’ Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell said Monday
https://www.twincities.com/2022/09/12/sa...me-record/