Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings just cut Kellen Mond
He’ll be going practice squad if he clears, which he should. Vikes will only roll with 2 so we knew this was coming.

In the context of the Vikings organization, drafting Mond
was not really a bad choice.  He flashed
a fair amount of promise in his college career.

In the context of a head coach that was fighting for his job
and needing all the help he could get to get over the hump, Mond was not really
a useful draft pick.  It’s a pretty clear
sign that Spielman was already planning for the post-Zimmer era.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
Maybe some people wanna retract some Zimmer hate now?

huge miss by Spielman. He hit on a lot of 1st rounders and late rounders, but his undoing was missing so much in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 
Why,  Zimmer was a dick.  Sometimes its not what is said or done,  it's how it's said or done.
Sounds like you knew him better than me. 

Starting to think maybe Zimmer wanted more control of personnel and thats what took so long to sign him. He obviously had some real problems with the players he was dealt. 

Its funny that he landed with Deion this year , is that because he could not get extra money from the nfl? 
Because he couldn't land an NFL job.  But lucky for him the Vikings are still paying him like 8 million bucks to not coach.  So he can go work for Deion for peanuts.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
He’ll be going practice squad if he clears, which he should. Vikes will only roll with 2 so we knew this was coming.
I'd be surprised if they don't put Mannion on the PS and let Mond go.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Probably, but I hope you are wrong.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
I'm expecting that.  Kirk wants Mannion around somehow.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Probably, but I hope you are wrong.
Me too.   They could find a developmental guy off the waiver wire instead of recycling the garbage.  At least now that we're out of the Rick era there is a chance something intelligent could happen.