Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Vikings bring back Rudy?
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
If for some ill-advised reason the Vikings are kicking the tires on former players, I think Barr and even Griffin would have more impact on gamedays than Rudy. Jmo. I’d take Suh over all of them.
Barr is done.  He will likely get a shot at some point but his knee has teams not wanting to guarantee anything.  Most likely a prove it deal and a cut and resign after week one thing.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Old slow stiff unproductive TE...pass.

Rudy's agent did his job, creating buzz where none actually exists.
Agreed.

Rudy has always been slow. But he has also been a reliable red zone threat. I would be very surprised if the Vikings thought he fits in with their goals. Wonderful human being and I am thankful for what he brought to the Vikings. Time to move forward.

ISJ absolutely has the resume and ability to be the guy. But until he does he's still a question mark to me.

IMO  the TE group is the weakest link  on this Offense.

There's a clear need/role that Rudy would fill.

He's 33 years old in November, but has only missed 4 games (2020) since 2015.

I say pull the trigger  if they can make the numbers work. 

I would say if ISJ gets injured again then go for it. Otherwise mehh

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
You arent going to have the luxury of waiting most likely.  Rudy won't be sitting around in a week or two,  he will be on a roster prior to camp, question is should it be the Vikings.  I say if they can make it work cap wise then hell yes.   To many question marks with ISjs knee and over all durability. 

He'll likely get more $$ elsewhere...

I just dont see a guy like Rudy fitting into this chaotic movement, fast paced, progressive offense KOC is about to unleash on the Norris. 

I'm not super excited about our TE situation as its filled with question marks.  That said I think we really need to try and find someone younger and faster.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
You arent going to have the luxury of waiting most likely.  Rudy won't be sitting around in a week or two,  he will be on a roster prior to camp, question is should it be the Vikings.  I say if they can make it work cap wise then hell yes.   To many question marks with ISjs knee and over all durability. 

Why wouldn't they have the luxury of waiting? There was no market for him last year. He's now a year older and a step or ten slower for an already slow TE. If there was any legitimate market for him he would've signed by this point. These comment's and him choosing NOW to clarify the CK omission from his letter are straight outta the agent 101 playbook. Hoping for one last pay day, big or small. Nice guy, did a lot for the community.  Not worth taking a roster spot from a young guy who can actually improve. 

ISJ & Mundt are locks to make the team. We're talking about the #3 TE here. I'd rather see what the younger guys have before signing a vet like Rudolph.