Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings show interest in free agent DT Ndamukong Suh
Quote: @minny65 said:
@medaille said:
I think our teams plan is pretty clear.  We’re going to try and make a run this year
with the talent we got, use it as a learning year to figure out what we
actually have on the roster and how it fits in our schemes, and probably most
importantly determine if Cousins is the guy they want to roll with, and then
figure out how much of a rebuild we need going forward.  I’m a little bit skeptical that we’re legit SB
contenders, but I think that last year with a little more luck we should have
been in the playoffs, and I think the same this year.
Yea, we are following the broken record approach of let's give KC another year and see what we got!  Then next year when he has good stats and we finish 9-7 then we can go into that offseason with the we have so much talent on the roster and are a key FA and good draft away from being true SB contenders.  

The more things changed this offseason the more they have stayed the same.

The only thing that gives me any hope for a 10 win season is how our schedule seems to favor a team that needs to build/learn on the fly with probably around 8-10 new starters.  Of course it is the build up towards the end of the season that indicates if you are any threat in the playoff's.  I think this looks like a 8-10 win team talent and coaching wise.  I guess I am going with the 8-10 new starters which results in a 8-10 win team Smile
honestly... I think one of my biggest concerns is the offensive flow.  everybody is super excited for the wonderkid to come in a set things on fire with the new offense, but completely ignore that he has about as much play calling experience as he does head coaching experience.  lets talk about the failures of the last regime... lack of head coaching experience cost us wins and there was plenty of growing pains in the offensive play calling the last couple years with Stefanski and then little Kubiak as they found their way around a play card.  all the talent in the world can only go so far.   KOC will make his share of mistakes on the fly,  its to be expected,  do we have enough talent to overcome his HC and play calling learning curve?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
@medaille said:
I think our teams plan is pretty clear.  We’re going to try and make a run this year
figure out how much of a rebuild we need going forward.  I’m a little bit skeptical that we’re legit SB
Yea, we are following the broken record approach of let's give KC another year and see what we got!  Then next year when he has good stats and we finish 9-7 then we can go into that offseason with the we have so much talent on the roster and are a key FA and good draft away from being true SB contenders.  

The only thing that gives me any hope for a 10 win season is how our schedule seems to favor a team that needs to build/learn on the fly with probably around 8-10 new starters.  Of course it is the build up towards the end of the season that indicates if you are any threat in the playoff's.  I think this looks like a 8-10 win team talent and coaching wise.  I guess I am going with the 8-10 new starters which results in a 8-10 win team Smile
honestly... I think one of my biggest concerns is the offensive flow.  everybody is super excited for the wonderkid to come in a set things on fire with the new offense, but completely ignore that he has about as much play calling experience as he does head coaching experience.  lets talk about the failures of the last regime... lack of head coaching experience cost us wins and there was plenty of growing pains in the offensive play calling the last couple years with Stefanski and then little Kubiak as they found their way around a play card.  all the talent in the world can only go so far.   KOC will make his share of mistakes on the fly,  its to be expected,  do we have enough talent to overcome his HC and play calling learning curve?
yea, pretty much what I have been posting for months but try not to repeat on every thread because it is not rah rah enough for some Smile

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
my problem with a signing like this... are we really a contender this year?  
Hard to say, but you can't say the team isn't for sure considering how many games Minnesota led last season. Epic defensive meltdowns killed the team. Unprecedented. So.....who knows?
Last season means nothing in this league.  

@minny65 said:
@medaille said:

yeah, just go through the experience of everybody on the offensive side of the ball, and almost everyone is pretty new at their position.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
my problem with a signing like this... are we really a contender this year?  
Hard to say, but you can't say the team isn't for sure considering how many games Minnesota led last season. Epic defensive meltdowns killed the team. Unprecedented. So.....who knows?
Last season means nothing in this league.  
Agreed. That also means it can be better, not just worse. The NFL always has 3 or so new teams in the playoffs annually from the previous season.

I think I’d prefer Richardson… 

@minny65 said:
@medaille said:

Will we make mistakes? Of course. But as I’ve said before, our learning curve should be matched by the learning curve defenses experience when trying to figure out what it is we’re doing. I think it's a wash. 
Pretty much what I’ve been posting for months but try not repeat on every thread because it’s not waah waah enough for some.  =)

What do I think our biggest concerns are? Funny you should ask. 
  1. Injuries. And we have more than our share of players who’ve proven vulnerable: Hunter, Z, ISJ, Cook, Thielen, and Booth in particular.
  2. Bradbury’s fundamental flaws prove too much for whatever the plan is to mitigate them.
  3. Darrisaw. I don’t know why I can’t get this out of my head (Kalil maybe?), but I sort of expect a sophomore slump.

Biggest risks are same as last year.

Edge rushers are injury risks.  If we have no pass rush, we put a lot of
pressure on the rest of our defense.

Questionable CBs.  We
invested in the secondary, hopefully the rookies can hit the ground running
rather than take a couple years.

Inexperienced Offensive Coaching staff.  It would have been nice if KOC had surrounded
himself with more veteran minds.

The offense should be able to sustain injuries.  I don’t think the defense can.  The biggest hope for this team I have comes
from the defense should be easier for young and inexperienced players to pick
up.

Suh is a 35 year old thug.  I want no part of him.  I’m ready to roll with watts. I think he’s ready to step up as well.