Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Cine
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@SFVikeFan said:
If you're a GM sitting at 32, and the only cost to jump to 12 for an elite player sitting in your division rivals draft slot ... and all they want is just a 3rd round pick, and you swap picks in R2 but are still picking 12th at R2 ...

You jump for fucking joy at the sucker who takes that deal.  I want next year's 1st or this year's 34 free and clear or fuck off I'll stay at 12 with Jameson Williams, Hamilton and Jordan Davis still on board.

I do like the Cine pick itself at 32, but how we got there and what we got in return was horse shit.  And I had LIKED his GM moves prior to this.  

First, we don't know if that was what Minnesota was asking for?  For all we know, Detroit's offer was the only one on the table at the time.  Either Minnesota picks or moves down...

If that was the only offer, then every one of us and I'd imagine a majority of GM's would decline that offer and make a pick. Nobody wants to look bad or that they are being hoodwinked on national television, but that's exactly how it looked for the Vikings. It all had a very Mike Tice era draft flavor to it. 

I still can't forget the clock running out on us.  

"Calm down, calm down we got our guy (Kevin Williams)".   

Yeah but you looked stupid in the process of picking him.  

I just can't believe you can go from dead last 32 to 12 for not a 1st nor even a 2nd, but a 3rd + a pick swap in 2nd.  

And to a division rival??  The gamble of actually giving the cellar dwellers some legit firepower rather than cock-blocking them and keeping their offense shitty, all to just get a 3rd rounder is moronic.  Risk management must not have been part of the Walll St experience.  

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

I just can't believe you can go from dead last 32 to 12 for not a 1st nor even a 2nd, but a 3rd + a pick swap in 2nd.  

And to a division rival??  The gamble of actually giving the cellar dwellers some legit firepower rather than cock-blocking them and keeping their offense shitty, all to just get a 3rd rounder is moronic.  Risk management must not have been part of the Walll St experience.  
100% agree. If anything, wouldn't it make even more sense for that price tag to be even higher for a division rival to jump up 20 spots into your pick where there was still some elite talent left on the board!? You have to think about stuff like that when pulling the trigger and who you could potentially be allowing your rivals to draft, because you are going to be playing against that player for the next 5 years at minimum. Kwesi allowed a division rival to take quite possibly the biggest playmaker in this draft on the heels of taking the best defensive player in this draft. It's still just mind boggling...

Also, I feel very confident if Rick was still running the show he would have taken Kyle Hamilton with the pick when he dropped. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

The picks themselves suck to look at, but look at it this way. Say at 12 they didn't like Hamilton and didn't want to draft a receiver in the 1st round. The class is deep at positions we need so you trade back, perhaps having Cine as your #1 safety (Assuming Hill wasn't higher) and then you up your spot from 46 to 34 because you know you will want a CB, DE, or put yourself in a position to package more picks this draft all while still having 66 and 77 today.

Chess isn't over when someone says "Check" so let's let the game unravel tonight and see how we look after that. Last night didn't seem like the best outcome, but we don't know how tonight unfolds. We very well could end up with a good CB, WR, OL/DL tonight and I would be thrilled with that.

Disappointed in the trade,  yes,  disappointed in the pick,  no.  I like the kid,  he seems to be a smart player and in today's NFL that is as or more important than his physical skills.   Look forward to seeing and hearing more from him.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
More infuriating was KAM said in his presser the offer was “too good to pass up”. No, it really wasn’t.

Hopefully tonight goes better but I keep coming back to the fact that, RS could have done this. 
Rick never, and I mean NEVER, got taken like this in a trade.  He'd have at least kept 46 or gotten the '23 1st.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Disappointed in the trade,  yes,  disappointed in the pick,  no.  I like the kid,  he seems to be a smart player and in today's NFL that is as or more important than his physical skills.   Look forward to seeing and hearing more from him.

I think the trade overshadows him as a player and the talk will be what we gave up instead of what Cine can bring to the table. I also just don't consider safety to be a high impact position anymore. How many elite safetys are there in the league currently? The Harrison Smith's of world are few and far between and most teams just have dudes back there who do their jobs unspectacularly without a ton of game altering type plays. I've always said I'd never take a safety in the first round unless it was a Sean Taylor type talent and I think Hamilton (while a notch below) was still that type of player. I know the Vikings liked Cine and thought he would be a second round target of there's, but not in the first...albeit the last pick. There's just nothing I liked about the trade down. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@SFVikeFan said:

100% agree. If anything, wouldn't it make even more sense for that price tag to be even higher for a division rival to jump up 20 spots into your pick where there was still some elite talent left on the board!? You have to think about stuff like that when pulling the trigger and who you could potentially be allowing your rivals to draft, because you are going to be playing against that player for the next 5 years at minimum. Kwesi allowed a division rival to take quite possibly the biggest playmaker in this draft on the heels of taking the best defensive player in this draft. It's still just mind boggling...

Also, I feel very confident if Rick was still running the show he would have taken Kyle Hamilton with the pick when he dropped. 
And they have two #1's next year. We gave the lions a MASSIVE leg up. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Well ther is no reason to hate on the kid for sure. He didn't do nothing wrong and he seems like he is a baller so as to the player, welcome to the club. As for the GM..... Dude. Try to not look like. a wet behind the ears noob. But go fix this blunder by nailing the rest of the draft.