Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyreek Hill granted permission for trade
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1485452524245168130
wouldn't have it any other way, as long as they pay me insane amounts.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
Dolphins give up:
2022: 1, 2, and 4;
2023: 4 and 6.
Plus $72.2M guaranteed and $120M for 3 years.

I think Hill is great but come on. That's ridiculous with a draft that is deep at WR.
It’s a haul for sure but certainly not a fleecing by KC. The 1 isn’t til #29 and KC hasn’t had a ton of success drafting pass catchers since Hill (Helaire, Hardman).

If they draft Justin Jefferson then sure it’s a good deal but as the Rams and other teams have shown recently, picks aren’t everything. 

It’s a good move for the Chiefs because they wouldn’t have been able to afford him when he came up next year. 
I’ve seen Hill a lot on training videos and such and he’s a cool guy. I doubt there were issues in the form of OBJ type personality. He’s a fun loving type personality.
The reality was, Hill expected to be one of, if not the highest paid WR. He should feel that way. This is the generational wealth contract and he has the performance to back up a big check. There was no way the Chiefs could hold so many big contracts without it impacting the overall team. You have a QB with a huge contract and a very highly paid TE, both with big jumps in cap number next year. 

Shocking Development
What does Reid and the front office know that we dont?

Somewhere in MN, a young & promising wr is dancing his jig...

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493b4iix1r73uo44suekhe7...w.gif&ct=g]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Shocking Development

Yep, and the Vikings are going to hopefully have a rookie QB contract when his big payday starts.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
It’s a good move for the Chiefs because they wouldn’t have been able to afford him when he came up next year. 
I’ve seen Hill a lot on training videos and such and he’s a cool guy. I doubt there were issues in the form of OBJ type personality. He’s a fun loving type personality.
The reality was, Hill expected to be one of, if not the highest paid WR. He should feel that way. This is the generational wealth contract and he has the performance to back up a big check. There was no way the Chiefs could hold so many big contracts without it impacting the overall team. You have a QB with a huge contract and a very highly paid TE, both with big jumps in cap number next year. 

Hill has a history of legal issues.Hill pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation. He got three years of probation and was sentenced to enroll in an anger-management course a year-long batterer's program. He also had to undergo a domestic-abuse evaluation.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...8835623951
All for a 5th round pick, taken a year after Stefon Diggs was taken in the 5th round, taken two years before Cooper Kupp was taken in the 3rd round. 

You get a chance to acquire a young, elite QB, you send all your picks and all your money. A WR? Ridiculous. But hey, the wealth is spreading. More parity in the NFL. Adams no longer in GB. Cooper no longer in Dallas. Hill no longer in KC. 

Not exactly happy days for Chiefs fans over the last year or so...I really like Reid and that franchise too. I got me some midwestern kinship for our AFC brethren in Missouri.  

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Shocking Development

Yep, and the Vikings are going to hopefully have a rookie QB contract when his big payday starts.

We'll have to be unburdened of Cousins just to afford Jefferson.

Just for fun......
What would you trade Jefferson for?  1x 1sts?  2x 1sts?  What would it take?